Chapter Two

(y/n)

It's still hard for me to believe this, but I'm at Hope's Peak Academy! Sure, class may not start until two weeks from today, but I can still get settled, and get to possibly know my fellow classmates.

As I carried my things to the dormitory, I learned that there'd be seventeen of us this year, and it would be a boy's and girl's side, and a bathhouse for each gender.

When I arrived at my door, I took a deep sigh, before taking out my key that I had gotten a while ago, and opened the door.

The room was indeed large; larger than my old room, that's for sure.

There was a king-sized bed, a desk with a chair, some cabinets, a TV bolted on the wall, and a mini bathroom with a tiny shower...

... Looks like I'll only be using this shower if it's absolutely necessary...

Anyway, I better get unpacked as soon as possible, so I can go explore the campus as quickly as possible.

***

I cannot believe this! It took two whole hours to unpack everything!

... Man... I'm starving...

I know I should've paid for a lunch for myself for the day I'd arrive here...

Well... I do have the spare money that I have left over from my job... Perhaps I can go get something to eat with what money I have left...?

And so, I grabbed my (bag/purse), and left my room to go find something to eat.

Shuichi

It's still hard to believe that I'm going to be a high school student at Hope's Peak Academy in just two weeks. But despite this, I'm still not sure about this... I mean, am I really worthy of being called an 'ultimate' detective?

As I was walking around the campus, I noticed a girl walking around, looking semi-familiar.

Wait a second... (y/n)?!

Excited to see an old friend, I started to walk up to her.

But wait... Will she even remember me? After all, it has been five years since her left....

... After her parents were murdered...

But I don't even think she knows this. The fact that they were murdered and such. After all, they want to scare her, so I bet that they just said that her parents died in a car crash or something like that...

... Poor (y/n)...

Pushing those thoughts aside, I walked up to (y/n), and called out her name.

"(y/n)!"

(y/n) turned to me, and had a look of shock on her face.

"S-Shuichi? Is that really you!?" (y/n) asked in shock.

I smiled.

"I'm glad to see that you remember me." I said after a sigh of relief.

(y/n) then ran the distance that I hadn't made, and tackled me in a hug.

"It's so great to see you again!" (y/n) exclaimed.

After getting over my shock, I hugged back.

"I agree."

(y/n) then pulled away.

"If you don't mind me asking, what're you doing here? On campus, I mean." (y/n) questioned.

"Well... You see... Even though I don't feel like I deserve it, I'm enrolled as the ultimate detective." I explained.

(y/n) didn't look surprised at all.

"Not a huge shocker. You were always the best at figuring out puzzles and mysteries when we were younger."

"I see. Well, let me guess that you're here as the ultimate prankster?"

(y/n) smiled.

"Yep! You hit it right on the money! It's actually thanks to you and Kokichi that I found my ultimate talent... So... Thank you!"

"You don't need to thank me. I was just being a good friend." I explained quickly with a slight blush.

"I see that you're still hiding behind that hat I see." (y/n) said with a laugh.

"Um... Well... I..."

"Relax, no worries. I was just kidding around. Anyway... Do you know the way out of this place? I was trying to go get something to eat, but became lost. This place is so big, that it's like a maze!" (y/n) questioned.

"Yeah. Do you want me to walk you there?" I offered.

"Nah. You don't have to." (y/n) reassured me.

"But what if I want to?" I questioned.

(y/n) thought for a moment, before responding.

"Fine, I'll let you join me. But only on one condition."

"... That you want me to pay for your food?"

(y/n) pouted.

"Yes... Wow, no wonder you're the ultimate detective. You saw right through me."

I laughed for a second.

"Thanks, and I don't mind paying for your food."

(y/n)'s eyes began to sparkle.

"In that case... What're we waiting for? Let's go!" (y/n) said, before dragging me away.

"Wait... Do you actually know where we're going?"

(y/n) stopped on a halt.

"Um...."

I smiled.

"You haven't changed one bit since you left. Come on, I'll lead the way." I said, before taking the lead, still holding (y/n)'s hand.

... This is just like (y/n) and I met; me leading her around because she was lost...

... And even though her personality has changed drastically since the day I met her, one thing hasn't changed at all...

... How much I love her...

Hello everyone. Hope you're enjoying the story, despite it only being started a few days ago. Anyway... I don't have anything else to say, so I'll end this Author's Note a bit shorter than usual. Later! =^-^=