Chapter Seven

(y/n)

.... I believe that the only thing that's better than pulling a fabulous prank is (Activity). It's so much fun, as well as something that can entertain me for hours.

... Wait a second...

... It's already 4:38pm!

Where'd the day go?!

Ugh... Dinner will be served soon.

Better start walking there now, so I actually get there on time.

And so, I walked outside to head to the dining hall.

On the way, I bumped into Kaede.

"Hello (y/n)." Kaede greeted happily.

I smiled.

"Hello Kaede. How are you?"

"I'm doing quite well. Just heading to the dining hall for dinner. How about you?"

"Doing the same... If I can ever find my way there..."

"Let me guess... You're the type to get lost easily?"

"How'd you guess?"

Kaede simled.

"I could just tell. Don't worry, I'll help you!" Kaede offered, before grabbing my hand, and leading me to the dining hall.

"Kaede... Slow down... Please!" I called out.

But Kaede couldn't hear me. Or she didn't listen.

... My legs are going to give out... If this keeps going on much longer..

Shuichi

As I was heading to the dining hall, I noticed (y/n) struggling to run with a girl I didn't recognize.

... Though (y/n) seemed to be struggling a lot...

I hurried to run down a different path, so I'd bump into the unfamiliar girl, so (y/n) could stop running, and catch her breath.

"Ouch!" The unfamiliar girl, as she had fallen to the ground.

Luckily for me, I had only stumbled back, and (y/n) was unharmed.

Good.

"Shuichi!? Are you okay?!" (y/n) questioned with worry.

"Yeah... I'll be fine..." I replied.

To be honest, it didn't hurt at all. But it can't hurt to get some worry out of (y/n) to reassure myself how much she cares about me.

"If you say so. And what about you, Kaede? Here, let me help you up." (y/n) said, before helping the girl -Kaede- up.

"Thanks (y/n)." Kaede said, before turning to me.

"Kaede, meet Shuichi, my childhood friend." (y/n) said.

Though a pain scorched through me, I was also overjoyed to hear this.

... She already considers me to be her friend...

... But that's all I am to her...

Let's see how fast I can change that...

"Oh, so you're just friends. Okay." Kaede said with a what sounded like a sigh of relief in her voice.

... Don't tell me...

... She wants (y/n) too?!

"Well, more like best friends, but yeah. There's also Kokichi, but he's probably off causing trouble, if I know him well enough." (y/n) said with a laugh.

"I see... Well, shall we go? Dinner awaits us!" Kaede said.

"Sure. Shuichi, care to join us?" (y/n) offered.

I smiled.

"Sure. I'd love to."

Because Kaede was behind (y/n), she couldn't see Kaede frown.

... But I could...

"Great! Then let's go, before all the good seats are taken!" Kaede said, before leading us to the dining hall.

...I don't care if Kaede only just met (y/n). I won't allow for them to become close...

... I won't let anyone steal my (y/n) from me...

(y/n)

That food was so good! Sure, it was just campus food, but for campus food... It's amazing!

"So (y/n), tell me... What's your interests?" Kaede questioned.

"Well, as the ultimate prankster, I love to pull pranks. I love watching them work out and playing out perfectly. Though I also just having fun, no matter what the activity is. It could be TV, games, sports, whatever. As long as it's fun to do, I'll do it." I explained.

Kaede smiled.

"If that's the case, then I'm sure you'd love the piano! It's so much fun to play. Feeling the notes come alive, hearing the melody in your head come to reality... It's amazing!"

"I bet that is... Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not much of a musician. Can't sing or play an instrument to save my life." I said.

"Oh... I see..."

Kaede seemed disappointed, which I guess is to be expected.

I then turned to Shuichi, who had been awfully quiet this whole time.

"Shuichi, you okay?" I questioned.

Shuichi nodded.

"Yeah. I'm just fine."

... Then why have you been so quiet...?

"Okay, if you say so."

We then finished our food, while chatting about random topics of no real value.

Afterwards, we decided to head back to our rooms. Kaede and I were both in the girl's dorm, so we headed there together, splitting up with Shuichi.

"Hey (y/n), are you excited for this school year?" Kaede questioned.

"Yeah, of course I am! Why wouldn't I be?" I questioned.

"I don't know. I was just thinking... Are our ultimate talents all that we have?"

I raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean... What if we want more in life? You know, starting a family... Having friends... Will we be able to have all that if we have to work on our ultimate talents?"

Wow. That's deep.

"Uh... I'm not sure how to respond to that. Sorry." I said.

"It's fine. Take your time. But I want an answer before school starts, okay?"

"... Before school starts!?"

"Yep! No backing out now. Goodnight!" Kaede said, before walking away very quickly.

I sighed, as I realized I was just forced into this.

... Why me...?

Luckily for me, Kaede had dropped me right in front of my room, so I didn't have to worry about getting lost.

Thanks Kaede.

I then entered my room, and proceeded to get my pajamas on.

Sure, it's only 6pm, but that doesn't mean I can't be in comfortable pajamas, right?

After changing into my pajamas, I decided to waste the rest of the night watching TV until I feel asleep.

... I could get used to this...

Sorry for not updating in a while. Hope you can understand that I have a life too, especially since I just got a job! Anyway... Later! =^-^=