15

Waking up to Hyunjin shaking me rather roughly, my eyes sprung open as I stared at him confused. "What's wrong?" I ask him looking around as he helps me up. Fixing the messy bits of my hair and clothes.

"Cops, some cops are here and they want to speak to us" he tells us. My eyes widen at his words. "They know what happened in the bathroom but that isn't why they are fully here, they also want to ask about the guy that hurt you" he tells me softly as I nod trying to wrap my head around it.

Why would they ask me about him? Cops do shit to protect us so I couldn't possibly understand why they want to help me. Or, was it about Hyunjin beating him up pretty badly. Yet that wasn't even that bad considering what he did.

"What do I even say?" I ask him as he runs a hand through his hair and gives me a nervous look.

"I came home with you, I told them I had come back here with you guys because I had forgotten and I don't want them to think I'm lying. They probably just want to know what exactly happened" he tells me as I nod, hesitantly following him out and down the stairs.

"I'm scared" I whisper.

"Don't worry, if you get too nervous to speak just tap my arm okay?" He tells me, nodding my head we walk into the lounge and see two officers seated.

"Sorry for the wait, Mihyun was sleeping" Hyunjin tells them as we take a seat on the opposite couch facing them.

"Sorry for the interruption of you holiday Mihyun, we just want to ask some questions. My name is detective Park and this is detective Kim" the dark haired detective tells us as I nod. Detectives? Why are detectives questioning us?

"About the incident that happened the other day, I know it will be difficult to answer and whenever your uncomfortable please just let us know and we will stop our questioning" the detective seated next to the detective park tells me as I nod uneasily.

"Can you start off with telling me how he got you alone and what he did please Mihyun" detective Kim tells me as I nod.

"I was drinking so my mind wasn't to clear. I had gone looking for my friend and as I made my way to the bathrooms he started asking me questions" I tell him as they nod writing it down.

"He asked me if I was alone, my age and when I told him I wasn't interested he got rough" I tell him looking at Hyunjin as my breathing got a bit erratic. "Uhh Sorry, He than pushed me into the men's bathroom and hit me over the head. When I came to he was, he... he had uh" my voice breaks as I start tapping Hyunjin arm frantically unable to continue.

"He has taken advantage of her by placing his dick in her mouth and choking her. He also tried after to undress her. By the time I had heard her crying I managed to keep him off her to stop him from going any further" Hyunjin explained holding my hand tightly.

"From witness statements you had attacked him?" They ask Hyunjin.

"I didn't attack him first, I had tried to help Mihyun when he had attacked me and I had acted in self defence" Hyunjin told them, biting my lip I don't go against his words because I don't care if he gave a little lie.

I didn't want him to get in trouble for something a sick monster did to me, he was just helping me.

"I'm sorry if you think anyone in their right mind could hold themselves back after seeing someone be taken advantage of. He was lucky I had to help her or I would have beaten him up more" Hyunjin tells them.

"So you two left together?" Detective Kim asks skeptical.

"Of course, She needed to get home and I didn't want to her to leave without me" Hyunjin tells them.

"Did you stay with her the whole night?" He ass Hyunjin.

"I made him stay with me, he was the only one who knew what happened and I needed him" I tell them. They nod and finish writing down whatever they were writing in their little notebooks. "Why are you here anyway? I doubt detectives really care about some random lower classed college girl that was assualted" I tell them, my words hitting something true as they nod and look at me deciding what words to use.

"The man that had assaulted you was found dead in a garbage can only two blocks from the club he assaulted you in" Mr Park told me, what? That piece of shit is dead? Feeling Hyunjins hand tighten around mine I ignore my thoughts. "It is clearly a homicide and his body was nearly impossible to identify. I'm sorry if we offended you but we had to do our job" he finishes as I nod.

What did Hyunjin exactly do to him that night? I know he didn't come back with us, so was he the one?

"It's fine, but if your insinuating one of us did it I can tel, you right now we didn't" I tell the standing up as they follow my lead. Hyunjin leads them out to the door as I make my way up stairs.

Hyunjin, did you kill him?

Hyunjin POV

"Your girlfriend should report what had happened to her" Mr Kim tells me as I stand at the door. My hand gripping the handle harshly.

"You know exactly how rape victims are treated, besides the man is dead what justice could be done now?" I ask them.

"Mr Hwang we know Mihyun didn't do anything. But one thing we do know is that you entered the club again after she left. You might not have killed him but your lied and that makes you a suspect" detective Park tells me firmly.

"I don't lie, and if I was a suspect you would have taken me to the police by now for proper questioning. I'm innocent" I tell them closing the door in their faces as I make my way up to Mihyun.

She knows. She knows what I did.

"Mihyun, can I come in?" I ask knocking on her door as she opens it for me. Her smaller frame looking up at me serious. Without saying anything her arms wrap around me in a tight hug, engulfing me in warmth.

"You killed him didn't you?" She asks me, my heart dropping in fear of what exactly she was going to say next. "Thank you" she mutters quietly. Letting my hands fall and hold her frame I calm down.

She doesn't hate me, she won't leave me. "I'll always protect you" I tell her.

If anyone hurts her than they are as good as dead. She's my precious baby, how dare anyone lay their hands on her. "No matter what, I'll never let anyone hurt you anymore" I whisper into her hair.

"Thank you" she repeats.