𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄[𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓, 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐄]: The Picnic & The Truth

(300+ reads! Wow, thanks!)
♡♡

───※ ·❆· ※───

"You never lose by loving.
You always lose by holding back"

-Barbara De Angelis

───※ ·❆· ※───

Wearing a flowy dress and styling her hair into a half loosened braid, the picnic basket that she prepared was placed on her bed while she sat on her chair and faced her mirror as she puts a bit of make up on her face.

Time went by so fast, her father knocked on her door saying, "He's here, you ready?" She looked at herself one more time in the mirror, taking a deep breath, she nods at herself and stands up, taking the picnic basket with her and she opens the door.

"You finally dressed up like a decent woman for once. I'm happy to see you like that, my daughter." Her father smiles, "This is my first and last." She replied. "I gotta go now, I'll be back later. Bye!" She hugs her father and then headed for the front door, opening it.

The door opens, his eyes met with hers. She had the prettiest smile and he had the softest eyes at that moment they saw each other, but looked at each other in a way that they didn't knew they could.

"Did you wait long? If I did then I'm sorry." She said, tucking a stray hair at the back of her ear. "There's no need to be sorry, Daigo-san. I just arrived here on time."

"Oh, that's a relief then!" Her face lightens up, the tension that they both felt disappeared in an instant. "Let's go?" She holds out her hand, he looks at her then to her hand. He replies, "Let's go." Holding her hand, the two walked to the train station with their own baskets held by their other hand.

───※ ·❆· ※───

The train that they entered was quiet and there was just only a few people in the train. The holidays are just getting started so they decided to have the picnic since they knew that they will be busy with their own lives in the holidays.

There was a heavy feeling in her heart while he had some thoughts in his mind. The two were silent as their own crisis' were bugging them.

The train ride eventually arrived at their station and they walked out side by side. Walking the streets beside each other, the silence was comforting but it had another feeling mixed in to it. Pain.

"Look, Nanami! I found us a good picnic spot!" Daigo says and points to a field with a huge tree, it looked very pleasing to the eyes. She lets go of his hand and she runs to the tree with her picnic basket, leaving Nanami behind.

He liked seeing the woman smiling, happy, cheerful, and sweet. She was the purest and he wasn't. He had a history, a history where he doesn't want her to know or even involve her in it. It was too dangerous. For once, he was afraid that the woman that he spent a year with in office work was gonna lose her smile if she does accidentally discover his other life.

She waved at him, shouting, "Come here, Nanami! Let's enjoy the wind and view!" She also jumped as she waved at the man. He sighs, a small smile on his face, he walks to the woman.