𝐎𝐕𝐓. 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: Discovery and Choice

The morning came, the sun shining in all of its glory. The rustling of the sheets and the sleepy grunts from the half asleep man, he opens his eyes and he felt the sleeping woman in his arms.

He smiled, this was the first time that he saw her sleeping face. She looked at peace and he wanted to keep it that way.

Though he didn't want to part from her, he still have to go to his job and make money. It was a hassle that he had to let go of her so early in the morning just to prepare for work.

He could just skip the day and just spend it with her. Work will be a bore anyways if she wasn't there with him. She's the only one who makes his work as a office worker enjoyable.

If he hadn't met her, he would've quit already and returned to Jujutsu Tech. He had options and he chose to stick with this for now, because of her.

He stayed in that state until she woke up or moves in her sleep, not wanting to disturb the woman's slumber. It was a view that only he could see and he took it in his mind, not knowing what the future holds for one of them or for both, that is why he wanted to spend his time and create memories that will last forever.

───※ ·❆· ※───

She woke up and stretched her arms, rubbing her eyes. Her vision got clearer now that she was wide awake, she saw him who had his eyes closed. 'That was weird. I felt like he was just staring at me earlier.' She said in her mind.

The clock read 09:28 AM and she realized that the call time for work was hours ago and he was still here in bed. "Nanami," She repeatedly pokes his shoulder. "Wake up."

She goes closer to see if he's still fast asleep, but he suddenly opens his eyes, startling her a bit. He took this chance to give her a kiss on her forehead as she was frozen in place.

"Good morning." He greets. "Um...good morning, Nanami." She shyly replied, her hand covered her forehead where he just kissed it.

"Now that we're both awake, I suppose I'll go and make some breakfast for us, including Akane." He sits up and gets out of bed, ruffling his messy hair.

"I'll wake Akane." She says and gets out of bed in the opposite side of it. She ties her hair to simply take away the strands of hair that covers her face.

The two headed in their own directions like the responsible adults that they are. He headed for the kitchen and she heads for the little girl's room.

With gentle knocks on the door, she quietly opens the door to the girl's room. "Rise and shine, Akane." Turning on the light switch of her dim room, now turned to a well lit up room.

The curtains to her window wasn't pulled open just by her own preference. Akane was comfortably sleeping on her bed, hugging a pillow in between her arms.

She leans in, "Akane, it's time to wake up now." The little girl slowly opened her eyes and yawned. "Hm? Hiroko-neesan...mor...morning." She yawns once again before sitting up, wiping the sides of her mouth with the sleeve of her sweater.

"You have school right? We can save the trip to the mall in another time, but promise me to do well in your classes, okay?" Akane pouts but she nodded, "I promise!"

She smiled and pats the girl's head, "You go and change into your uniform. I'll get the table ready." She waves at the girl before exiting the room and going downstairs to set the table.