CHAPTER XXIII: Train Boarding 101

The rusted metal walls rumbled as the wheels turned faster and faster on the old tracks, sending subtle shock waves throughout the length of the train as it sped down the concrete walls of the tunnel.

Roman sighed and leaned against the wall next to him and stared out the slits of glass considered windows, even though they were barely big enough to see the front of the train. The tracks seemingly shook with every drop of the trains wheels, making them visibly shake.

"How long until we reach the first point? I hate having these things so close." He asked and gestured over his shoulder to the door and out of the dark glass where the rest of the train carts were, all filled with bombs.

The other man in the drivers room glanced down to his wristwatch. He looked back up to the impatient looking man beside him "A few minutes." He grumbled while staring out of the larger windows in front of him. Roman narrowed his eyes at him. It was no secret to him that despite his manipulating of the White Fang higher ups, there were the few that still despised him for being human. He didn't care, he'd been despised for less.

Roman rolled his eyes and glanced back to the windows out of sheer boredom "Just keep us on the tracks and actually going forward, absolutely nothing can go...-"

A violent shake suddenly ran through the entire train from the rear cart, rocking the wheels from the tracks for a split second."-...wrong."

Roman sighed irritably and slowly ran a hand through his orange hair underneath his hat, a scowl threatening to surface on his face. "The hell are those useless animals doing back there?" He muttered to himself, earning himself a burning glare from the masked driver. "N..not including you of course."

A heavy weight slammed into the driver compartments door, causing the two men to jump slightly. The door flew open and another White Fang soldier stood in the doorway, his clothes charred by fire and his mask shattered by some kind of projectile. He was holding his shoulder where a trickle of blood ran down. The injured man's breathing was erratic, his eyes wide and bloodshot from an adrenaline rush.

The three men stared at each other for a brief moment before the injured man stringed up, holding back the urge to cough up a gallon of blood. "...hey."

Roman simply shook his head and turned away with furrowed brows. He held up a hand when the man tired to say something else. "I don't want to know just go deal with it." He ordered. He really couldn't be bothered listening to things he already knew about, some kids and their teacher were crashing the train, who cares?

"B..but Roman those kids..-" The soldier sputtered but was cut off again by the orange haired man who sighed irritable. "Save it! I really couldn't care less about some kids barley out of high school. That teacher's the only one you should worry about, not the school girls."

"I..uh..wasn't talking about those ones."

There was another silence as Roman suddenly stopped in mid-stride, slowly turning around to face the faunus.  He wore a grim (heh) expression as he turned around, the slightest hint of worry in his green eyes 'The rest of the swinger's friends are here, that could be bad.' he thought internally.

"I'm listening." He said and crossed his arms, looking at the faunus impatiently. The soldier seemed to search for the words that wouldn't make him sound like an insane person "I mean, in simple terms....the enemy has air support."

Roman stared at the faunus with a blank expression, he tilted his head slightly. He couldn't believes such a stupid thing was even able to be said, a tunnel, they were in a tunnel. What the hell would air support even do in there? "...Do you want me to remind you that we're in a tunnel, a structure attached to an abandoned underground city with no exits, or should I just tell your boss that you've lost it?" Roman asked in a monotone voice, looking at the other man as if he had four ears.....wait a minute, he did.