CHAPTER XVIII: Search and Destroy

God I am so funny—-^

A certain red, blue and yellow truck sped down the old cracked road, it's passengers having finally started toward the abandoned city.

The calm rumbling of the cars engine filled the silence of the brightly coloured jeep, the people inside lazily laying down as they made their way towards their destination.

Vanoss glanced in the rearview mirror, seeing Basically laying down on top of Nogla and Moo's lap with his feet sticking out of the window, sleeping. They were all sleeping peacefully, still not doing good after yesterday's party. Wildcat sat in the passenger seat with his hand on outside roof rack, enjoying the feeling of cool air flowing past him. He was gazing at the passing trees as they made their way into a darker forest, finally finding the right way to the abandoned city.

Vanoss didn't exactly hate the silence, even he had to admit that it was calming to feel the wind on your face and body when you drive, but this was getting boring. He reached over and turned the silver dial of the cars radio, a mans voice starting to emerge, apparently on a news station.

'Reports have come in saying that the crime rate in Liberty City has skyrocketed over the past month, the amount of carjackings, assault, robbery and murder have risen dramatically.' The radio blared. Vanoss sighed softly and glanced to Wildcat as he was the only one not on their phone or sleeping "Have you spoken to Scott?" He asked, getting no physical response from the Faunus "Nope. Not since we left." He replied bluntly.

'-but strangely, there has been a lack of gang activity in all sectors including the infamous Banana Bus Squad division based here. In other news-'

Wildcat reached over and pressed a button, changing the channel to some country song 24/7. "We should get that video call stuff set up soon, talking to Scott and the guys sounds realll fucking important right 'bout now..." he muttered, keeping his voice low as to not disturb the sleeping people in the back. It wasn't that the other members didn't usually take part in serious talks about the group like this, they did, but they were all just trying to relax before being faced with a ton of Grimm. Wildcat just didn't feel in the mood to be a dick right now.

"Any idea what it could be?" His leader asked, narrowed eyes glued to the road ahead, the trees were starting to darken and the earring signs began to appear more frequently. Wildcat sighed and crossed his arms "Not a clue, we should ask Brian maybe something was happening before everything dropped." The Faunus wasn't showing it but he was extremely nervous, just as his leader was. Family was everything to the Banana Bus Squad so the thought of a bunch of people they thought of as family acting bizarre and just dropping off the map was terrifying.

Vanoss gripped the steering wheel tightly. They had already experienced that pain before and he had no intention of letting it happen again.

"Yeah I'll do that later." Vanoss said quietly.

Moo groaned loudly as he started to wake up and put his hands behind the seat he was sat in, reaching back to stretch from the long car ride. "Guys we really should've taken a bullhead or Brian's chopper..." he muttered, arching his back off the seat and cracking his knuckles behind it. Vanoss and Wildcat said nothing, apparently being in some weird mood, and Basically was fast asleep with his Finn cap covering his eyes. Nogla glanced over to him, a bored look in his brown eyes "Yeah well you know Brian 'fok no you'll crash it again!' Udder bullshit." He said referring to the small argument, Terroriser had a good point, at some point all of them had either exploded, damaged or crashed his prised 'Choppa' so he wasn't too keen of letting any of them fly it.