Chapter 12: Lost, and another found.

I stood there for some minutes with my mouth hanging open, before I ran after him.

How did he mange to walk so fast, I could not locate him even after taking so many turns. Where and how did he even disappear. I would have gone to his room if I knew where it was. At least his room number would help alot. Just look at the irony here I can't even remember my room number and I'm asking for another person's own. I continued to search the hallways for any trace of him. I couldn't think of the perfect excuse why I was so worried about him.

When I turned to the next corner, I bumped into someone.

"Ouch" we both said at the same time. I rubbed my forehead. The person was not tall so we collided our heads together.

"Sorry" a girl with faint french accent said. She had light brown hair and eyes. True to it, we were about the same height, if not exact. I was five feet seven inches. I stood there staring at her. Why is she in this school, she looks so innocent.

"No problem." I said because of her innocent look. Then I walked past her to continue my search for Ryan.

"Wait!" She called out, walking up to my pace. Then she continued. "You're new right?" She asked.she didn't even let me continue before saying, "oh yeah, you must be that transfer... Jade Smith. Right?" She asked. Again not giving me room to answer, she continued. "Are you the Jade Smith that everyone keeps talking about?"

"What do you think?" I asked back.

"Um, I think that you are the one because of all the bandages." She pointed out, looking up at my wounded scalp.

"So?"

"So.... I'm Karen. Karen Brooke." She said stretching out her hand for a handshake.

I hesitantly looked down before saying....

"Okay, you already know who I am. So what, am I to shake your hand?" I asked her.

"If you want." she replied. "Just taught we could be friends." She shrugged.

"Friends?" I scoffed. "Why would anyone in their right senses try to make friends with a girl hunted by the whole school?"

"Because....." She drawled out. "I think it'd be a fun experience."

"Fun?" I questioned.

"Yeah, I like the fact that you stood up for yourself against Zayn. And besides this is a delinquent school, there's meant to be chaos or drama at least once in a while. But guess what this school is lacking all that entertainment."

"So, let me get this right. Your name is Karen and you want to be friends with me because I'm in trouble, and you want to use me to get the entertainment you desire?" I asked to clarify.

"Yeah... Wait, No!"

I raised an eyebrow.

"I could help" she said. My expression remained the same. "Ok, I'll help today, if I'm of help you'll consider, if not you'll just have to live with it." She said.

"Okay, I think that's fair."

"Great. So you look busy, what are you up to?" Karen asked.

"Personal issues." I replied.

"If you need a place to hide, I could show you."

"You too?" I asked. "What's up with you guys and hiding?. I don't give a fuck 'bout Zayn, his stupid power, or stuff like that."

"Exactly why I wanted to be friends with you." She sighed. "At least, some action. And from the looks of things, you have brought so much."

"You are sick." I said.

"Nah, I just like your personality. By the way what are you looking for, let me see if I could be of assistance."

"It's not what, it's who." I corrected her. "Wait, how do you know that I am looking for something?" I asked her.

"Because...... One,your eyes has been roaming, searching ever corner that we pass. Two, we have been moving in circles without a specific destination." She said

"You have a point there."

"So what are you looking for?" She asked.

"Ryan Hart." I replied. "Do you know where I could find him?" I asked, hoping that she would give me a reliable answer.

"Um... Yes I know a few places but judging by the time, I would say his in his room now." She said.

"Oh yeah why didn't I think of that. Maybe I would have if only I knew his room number." I said with sacarsm.

"Right his room number, I almost forgot." She said.

"You think?"

"It's 58A." She replied. Suddenly she changed the direction she was walking in. My instinct told me she was now walking in the direction of Ryan's room, so I followed her.

But just to confirm. "Are you ditching, or are you leading me to Ryan?" I asked.

"The latter." She replied.

See my instinct are always right.

She led me through so many hallways. When we reached our nth hallway, she finally stopped. Now we stood in front of a door with '58A' written clearly on it. I moved toward to knock on the door. After knocking for some minutes l, I came to a conclusion that it's either he is not around or he doesn't want to see me. But I find the latter childish. I sighed turning back to find Karen patiently waiting for me.

"He's not around." I told her.

"Why are you look for him anyway?" She asked trying to clear her curiosity.

"I don't actually know why, but for some reason he's angry at me. So I wanted to apologize." I replied.

"Oh, just give him some space, I'm sure he'll come around later." She said, moving forward to path my shoulder.

"Thanks."

"It's nothing I can't do for a friend." She shrugged.

A friend?. This word kinda put me into a trance. Do I really want friends after everything?

Suddenly we heard footsteps walking towards us. There were wearing boots, really heavy ones. My guess was that there were males. My analysis was proved right when I heard a familiar male voice say... "I saw her come in this direction." His appearance was revealed when he stepped out of the corner. I came in eye contact with the blonde boy who always followed Zayn around. But supprisengly he was not with Zayn this time, instead he was with a new group of boys.

*******

A/N: What do you think about Karen?
         Do you think she'll be a good friend?

         Stay tuned to find out.

         Please vote, comment and share. I love you all, never forget that.

******

Name: Karen Brooke.

Hair colour: Light brown hair.

Eye colour: Light brown eyes.

Dressing style: Baggy shirt, ripped jeans, converse.

Likes: Strawberry ice-cream, chaos, shopping.

Dislikes: Zayn, Carter, heights.

Aisiella💞