Chapter 23: Moments flashback.

Knock...!
Knock...!
Knock...!

I woke up from sleep hearing the sound of someone knocking on my door. With my eyes still shut, I sat up in bed. I stretched my body using the back of my hands to wipe my eyes.

Knock...!
Knock...!
Knock...!

The person at my bedroom door continued knocking. I searched to my bed for my phone. When I found it, I turned on the screen. The light from my phone made me dazzled for a second. I blink severally until my eyes adapted to the light. Then I saw on the screen of my phone that it was just 3:02a.m. in the morning.

What the fuck! Why would someone in their right senses come to knock on a fellow human door by this time of the night. Oh, I mean day since is already past twelve. I blame my brain for mistaking it because it is not a morning person. Not to talk about any in the morning.

Knock...!
Knock...!
Knock...!
Knock...!
Knock...!
Knock...!

The person started rapping on my door. The not so quiet knocking turned to banging. At this rate, I hope whatever is knocking or better still banging on my door doesn't attract the attention of the neighbours or even the police. If worse, maybe both.

"Coming!" I yelled out.

I dropped my phone back on my bed. I squinted my eyes to locate my slippers. When I did I put them on. Then last one of the least, I finally stood up.

"Open this door." I heard mom's voice say through the door.

I altered curse words under my breath. It was her no wonder. There's no shocking that. Then immediately, I reduce my walking pace by 80%. I was so slow that if I'd enter a contest with a turtle, it'll surely defeat me. But I was sure that I was faster than a snail though.

After what felt like hours, I finally reached the door. I paused for a second, right before I turned the doorknob, I took a sharp breath in I'm finally turned it. When the door swung open, mum stood there in her nightgown.

"Good-" I was saying when she cut me off.

"I know it's too early, but after what you did yesterday I decided that this is good. But now I feel bad, like a bad mother." She said it feels confident but then she looked ashamed.

At first I was speechless before I decide to talk. "Is it now you're realising that?" I asked under my breath.

"What?" Mum asked. She probably must have heard me.

"Why did you wake me up this early?" I asked her, leaning of the frame of the door.

"Um, so this is how it goes." She started as if she was telling a story. "Yesterday, I was so mad at what you did, so I made up my mind to make you leave early today. But we able to leave early, you've got wake up earlier also. But now, I already miss my baby!" She said stretching out her arms for me. She probably expected me to accept her hug.

I stood there staring into her ocean blue eyes. I got eyes and hair. Uh, I also got her emotions, stubbornness and um... What girls get from their mom. And from dad, I got his intellect and... That's all.

When I came back to my normal senses, I looked up to find out that mum was now long gone. I turned on my heels and closed the door of my room.

Then it was just me and my bed. I jumped on it, snuggling into the pillow when I remembered Carmen. Carmen was one of the teddy bears that Maddie gave me. He was last and biggest teddy bear.

"I'm so sorry Carmen. I forgot to you." I apologized as I pulled the teddy bear closer to hug it.

*****