Chapter 30: Jade's way of apologizing.

Knock...
Knock...
Knock...

"If it's dad come in. If not, stay out!" I said lying on my bed, using my phone.

"The door slowly opened and dad walked in.

"I came by to talk." He said, sitting by the edge of my bed.

"Aren't you-"

"I came to talk about your behaviour earlier today." He said, cutting me off.

"Didn't your Mom tell you never to interrupt someone when they are speaking?" I asked him sitting up in bed.

"What you said to your mom was very disrespectful and-" I cut him off.

"-As a Smith you should... No, it's... Such behaviour is unacceptable." I said, trying to mimick his voice.

"No." He said with a flat tone. "A Smith is meant to excel academically and also relate well socially. But that doesn't mean that we aren't stubborn and should be taken for granted." Dad said. Now that caught my attention. He continued. "We are smart for a reason. And that reason is to know when and when not to act." I was listening so attentively to dad. "We don't take shit from no, I mean nobody."

This made me to jump out of bed. Did dad just curse?

"But insulting your mother was just way over the line. You shouldn't, I mean, you should never, under no circumstances, insult a fellow Smith. And your mom became a Smith the very second she got married to me." He said, making me lose interest in his speech. "You could insult anyone that isn't a Smith as far as I don't hear about it." He sighed. "Do you understand me young lady?" He asked me.

"Yes dad." I replied gloomily.

"Now go think about what you did and later when your mom's temper is calmed, go apologize to her."

"Okay."

"I forgot to tell you earlier. You would be going back to school by 1:00 pm, so start packing."

"Okay." I repeated

"I'll leave you then." Dad said, leaving my room.

After dad left, I tried to think about what I told mom. I knew that I was being rude to mom, but I don't feel remorseful one bit. Dad said I should think about what I did and then later apologize. I guess I'm going to have to apologize to mom later on.

After packing my things, I checked the time. It was 9:14pm. Mom would have gotten over her anger by now.

I decided to go to her room to apologize, but she wasn't there. Instantly, I knew exactly where was. She was at the garden, probably watering some flowers to death.

Just as I have a habit of taking walks when I'm angry, mom likes watering flowers, while dad likes reading.

When I got to the garden, I saw mom watering the flowers, just as I had guessed. The flower vases were literally overflowing with water.

I took a deep breath in, preparing for the worst.

Here I go. I walked towards mom and stopped a few steps away from her. Then finally I walked and stood by her side. I stared at the nothingness in the air for a few minutes. I've got to admit, I kinda felt sympathetic towards the flowers that will end up dead tomorrow from too much water.

"Mom." I called to her. At this moment, I was trying to gauge her anger. "Don't you think the water is too much?" I asked.

She didn't reply.

"I'm... I'm, um... I'm sor-err... I'm sorry about what happened earlier." I said still looking at the flowers. I felt their pain. It's kinda painful since we were both being targeted by the same person.

Mom remained silent. I guess she's still angry.

"I know I said something very rude, offensive and bitchy. The thing is back then I was too angry that I wasn't thinking of the downsides. I'm so, so, so sorry." I apologized.

She still didn't say a word.

"You could punish me in whatever way you seem fit." I said, searching her face for any sign of emotion. But there were none.

I waited for a few minutes for a response, but the only thing I could hear was the sound of water pouring down from the edge of the flower vase.

I waited a little longer, but all I got was nothing. She just continued to water the flowers.

"You know what?!" I asked her. "All this is fucked up. You are fucked up!" I yelled at her, as I was now angry and fed up. "All that has happened so far is your fault." I said, pointing my index finger at her, as I spoke my mind, not dad's anymore. If my anger could be measured, it'll be at its peak. "When I told you what Heather said, you didn't believe me. Instead you keep insisting to hear it from Heather herself. Do you think she'll sweeten the bitter truth for you? Do you think a woman who constantly curses at you would care about your feelings?" I asked mom, pouring out all my frustrations. "A woman who blames me for the death of her husband? A woman who wants me dead?" I asked. "And you expect me not to get angry? I asked her. "Fuck you!" I shouted, before angrily walking out.

                              *****

Happy independence Day,

I'm sorry it's coming a little bit late.

Question: did Jade's dad just give her a go ahead to insult everyone that is not a Smith, including elders?

Question : am I the only one that thought Jade was referring to her mother when she said she was feeling sympathetic? We thought she was going to apologize, little did we know she was referring to the flowers.

Thanks for reading. I love you all!

Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Aisiella💞