Chapter 24: teacups.

I stood there on the road, staring around. Then my phone rang. It was an unknown number. I picked it up anyway.

"Hello." I heard a voice say from the other end of the line.

"H-hello." I said hesitantly into the phone speaker.

"It's me, granny. Where are you now?" Grandma asked.

"Um, I'm under a tree." I replied, taking a close look at the tree to see if I could find anything you need to about it. I found nothing so I decided to go with what I was wearing. "I'm wearing a white shirt on a blue Jean with black converse."

"I can see you now." Grandma said.

Duu...
Duu...

Grandma had ended the call from the other end of the line.

"Eli!" I heard a voice call out from behind me. I turned around to see my grandmother. She was wearing a blue floral dress holding a black bag by her side. She hasn't aged much. She just has little, barely visible strands of white hair hidden in blonde hair.

Grandma usually calls me Eli- the shortened version of Elizabeth. Elizabeth was like a pseudonym that Grandma gave me. She always wanted my name to be a Elizabeth but mum and Dad had their own names in mind.

"Hi, good afternoon." I greeted her.

"Evening." She replied, correcting me.

"Huh?" I asked confused.

"It's evening." She replied. Then further explained. "In the United States it is still afternoon but here it's evening. Okay." She said.

"Oh. Um, sorry." I apologized for my ignorance. "Good evening." I said, correcting myself.

"Evening." She replied smiling.

"I said evening." I said frustrated, almost barking at her.

"I heard you." She said walking away.

I just stood there on the busy streets of Horsforth, staring at people work and walk. I was confused and dump founded. Like what just happened.

I spent some seconds, trying to comprehend what just happened. When I did, I tried to catch up to my grandma. For an old woman, she sure does walk fast.

******

We reached the front of an old cottage, then stopped. Granny opened the door and walked in, while I stood outside looking at the environment that surrounded me. It was filled with flowers, butterflies and green grasses. Making it so colourful. It looks so quiet that I don't think anyone was living nearby.

Then I walked in. Unlike the outside, the inside was more warm. Majority of the furnitures were colours like brown and black. The inside cottage was more of like a collection. A collection of Grandma and grandpa's memories. A picture of their weddings hung high on the wall. Pictures of grandpa, grandma and mum were also hung up on the wall. Grandpa's certificates, his awards, medals and trophies were also displayed.

I walked around looking at the old furnitures. Of all the things that occupy the cottage, something caught my eyes.

Inside a glass cabinets, on the highest shelf, and all the cops sat. It was the same teacup that made Grandma scold me when I was six. I I am naturally just too curious to keep my hands to myself. I always asked her what it was for but she wouldn't ever answer me. So one day, I think it and used it, thinking it was a magical cup. When grandma saw me using it she was so angry that she almost spanked me. But luckily for me grandpa helped me. Sometimes... Or maybe always, I wished he was still alive so that Grandma could continue smiling.