Chapter 26: Switched positions.

Jade's pov

Locating my grand... Or Heather's cottage shouldn't have been this difficult if I knew the address. For hours, I walked around in circles until I recognised a poster from earlier on. I knew where I was now. Heather's cottage is just about the corner. I walked along the straight path until I spotted the cottage.

When I got to it I opened the door and walked in, going straight to the kitchen. The walls were so black that I couldn't see the colour of the paint anymore. The black pot still laid on the floor in the position I left it. The beautiful curtains were now destroyed by the fire. I can see that old woman is too lazy to do any work. Considering the way the kitchen looked, of the fire wasn't out out the time it was, then the whole house would have burnt to ashes... Including sleeping me!

I turned around, leaving the now destroyed kitchen and going to my room.  When I got to my room, I sent mom a message.

Me: When is my flight?

I waited for some minutes for any reply from mom, but I got none. Then I laid down on my bed.

Grumm!

My stomach continued its protest for food. I checked the time on my phone. It was 1:47pm. I stared blankly at the ceiling of my room. Why is life always like this. I didn't know when, but I eventually slept off.

~~~

🎶 Cuz I'll be switching the positions for you
Cooking in the kitchen and I'm in the bedroom 🎶

I heard Ariana's voice sing in my dream.

"Urgh!" I groaned. My ringing toon is going off. I sat up in bed to see the caller, but then it was too late. The call was cut off the moment I tried to reach for my phone. I picked it up to see that I had eight missed calls from the same caller. And the caller was... Mom! Immediately, I called her back.

"Hi." I said into the phone's speaker with my cracked voice.

"You have just 36 minutes to go to the airport." Mom voice said through the phone.

"What!?" I asked her, confused.

"I mean your flight is in 40 minutes. In 35 minutes you should be at the airport."

"What!?" I asked again, this time, I stood up to my feet.

"Just go pack up and get ready." Mom heaved a frustrated sigh. Knowing mom, I could guess that she is rubbing her temples right now. "I've called you like one million times now." Mom over-exaggerated. "Why haven't you been picking my calls?" She asked.

"I was sleeping." I told her.

"You still had the guts to sleep after burning her house?" Mom asked.

"Kitchen." I corrected.

"What?" Mom asked.

"You said I burnt her house...  I didn't burn her house. I only burnt her kitchen." I said, correcting mom.

"House or kitchen, it's still the same thing!" Mom yelled.

"No it's not." I argued.

"You know what just go pack your things and get ready, okay?" She said in a commanding and soothing tone.

"Okay." I replied.