Finally Saved-Chapter 9

Chapter Nine

Hailey's POV

After the whole incident that happened in the restaurant, I rushed out of that place like there was no tomorrow.

When I got to my house, I took a deep breath. I just want to be in my room, and curl up in a ball.

My dad's car wasn't in the driveway so he must still be at work or he was at the bar.

Running up to the door, I put the key in and opened the door. Closing and locking the door, I didn't waste any time to run up to my room. When I entered, I shut and locked the door. Ripping off the apron that was still somehow hooked on me, I threw it on the floor.

My mind wandered off to Matthew. I just want to be in his presence. You all must think I'm crazy for wanting to be in the presence of a wolf, but hey if you felt what I felt you would to.

Walking up to the window, I pushed back the drapes. Looking down, the only thing I saw was the green of the trees that lined the forest. Not any sign of a huge black wolf.

Disappointment erupted threw my body. I should have known he wasn't going to come back, it was probably just a onetime thing. I mean I probably bored the poor thing to death.

Just as I was about to shut the drapes, a black paw stepped out on to the forest floor. A small smile took place onto my lips. He came back, he actually came back. Fully stepping out of the forest, I noticed he was slightly limping. Concern was the first thing that I thought of.

Was he hurt? Did he get into a fight? I had to help him. After all he did come back to see me after I asked.

Closing the drapes, I quickly grabbed the first aid kit out of my bathroom, and ran down the stairs. Running past the kitchen, I threw open the back door and ran out. Slowly jogging up to him, my mouth opened in surprise.

His front left leg had a huge gash running down the top and ending at his paw. Walking further up to him, I inspected the rest of his body. My hand flew to my mouth, when I saw the side of his body. A wound that had to be cut pretty deep was now taking place on his body. Making his once pure black fur, all bloody.

This poor animal.

Bending down, so we were eye to eye I pet his head.

"I'm going to help you. But you're going to have to lay down" I said.

Softly nodding like he understood, he slowly and carefully laid down. When he winced, I knew he was in dreadful pain.

As soon as his whole body was on the ground I didn't waste any time. I took out all of the things I needed.

Good thing I put some needle and thread in this, or he wouldn't stop bleeding. In case you're wondering, I had experience with stitching up people, once my dad sliced me with a broken wine bottle. I stitched myself back up, still have a dreadful scar though.

"This might hurt a little bit" Lifting up my hand, I put a little bit of peroxide on his cuts.

If not they would get infected and I couldn't let that happen.

Howling in pain, I quickly took the bottle away from his leg and drizzled the other cut a little bit before I closed the bottle.

Now that that is taken care of, all I have to do is the hard part now.

Grabbing the needle and thread, I slowly and carefully started to stitch him back up. I knew he was trying his hardest not to strike out at me because it hurt so much. But I think he knew I had to do this.