Finally Saved-Chapter 12

Chapter Twelve

[Sorry for any spelling and grammar mistakes]

Inspirational quote of the day-

"Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny"

-C.S. Lewis

******

Hailey's POV

Previously in Finally Saved-

When I got to the next page, it went back to talking about the people generation to generation with the werewolf gene. Turning the page again, I read down the list of names until I got to the last family. My breath hitched in my throat when I saw the next family, the Matthews.

And Luke's name was the third one down.

~*~*~

I stared down at his name, in confusion and bewilderment. Why would Luke and his family be in the werewolf history and origin book? They couldn't be werewolves, that couldn't be right. Werewolves don't exist they only exist in those fantasy books, like City of Bones, Harry Potter, and Twilight.

Closing the book, I placed it onto the desk beside the bookshelf and thought back to every single time I have been in the presence of one of the Matthews.

Luke, with his powerful aroma, and his quick reflexes, and lets not forget the limp he carried on his leg. I still can't forget the time in the library a couple days ago, what he said to me, 'You never know when some surprises can catch you off guard. Remember that.'

To this day I am still amazed and confused to what he means by that statement, but I'm starting to think it's not about the plot twist in the City Of Bones book series.

Willow, I just met her and I already felt like something was off about her. The strong pull she had on my arm, to her speed she had when she rushed us to her house. Maybe something was off about the Matthews. I don't know if this book could be true or not, but I definitely know something in the air is fishy.

Picking the book up again, I held it close in my arms, and ran back downstairs to the exit. I need to do more research about these people, and what better way to do that than reading this book. I just hope they don't go looking for it.

~*~*~

Luke's POV

I could smell her scent. It was very intriguing, and it was starting to turn me on. I was with David, Josh, and Darren, in the game room, when I started to smell Hailey's scent, vanilla and chocolate.

"Hey guys" Turning our heads, to the sound of Willow's voice, we watched as she skipped into the game room.

"Guess what guys?" She asked, in a hyper, gushing voice.

Rolling my eyes at my sister's happy and excited voice, I looked at my friends who were starring at Willow a smile on their faces. All of my friends liked Willow a lot, well not like like, that's only Josh. He just says its some stupid crush, but we will never know until Willow's birthday in a month, when she will find her true mate. My friends also know that Willow gets on my nerves a lot, but that I still love her. It's just that brotherly, sister love.

"What?" I asked.

"I found a new friend. She was in the park, and she's the girl you described as the one that you are taking on a date. Her name was Hailey" Raising an eyebrow, I turned my body so I was facing Willow completely.

"Where is she? What do you mean she's your new friend?" I asked.

Chuckling, Willow shook her head at me, "Oh brother, one question at a time. Anyway, I was in the park thinking, when this girl just came up to me and asked to sit down on the swing next to me. Which really confused me because there were like tons of other swings and she just happened to want to sit next to me." Giving Willow an annoyed look, I looked at my friends for help. Noticing my look, Josh looked over at Willow. "Then what happened?"

Looking over at Josh, Willow laughed, "Oh yeah I was finishing the story. Okay, so we started talking and I asked her if she wanted to come over and see the library, her eyes widened in happiness and I just pulled her by the arm and we arrived at the house. And now here we are, she's just upstairs in the library" She finished, taking a deep breath and slumping into the couch.

"She's here?" I asked, excitement in my voice.

No wonder I smelt her intriguing scent, she was under the same roof as me the whole time.

"Yeah, I'm going up there now. You guys want to come?" She asked, getting up from the couch. I was up on my feet the moment the words left her mouth.

"Let's go"

Exiting the game room, I waited for my friends and Willow to follow until we made our way to the library. When we got to the library, I opened up the door, and entered. Her scent was in here, I could smell it nice and clear now, but I couldn't see her anywhere.

Turning my head towards Willow, I asked, "Where is she?"

"She was on the second floor when I left the room" Going up the stairs, I quickly checked each and every aisle. But she wasn't there. "Luke, come here!" Following the voice of Willow, I ended up in the first aisle again. Darren, Willow, Josh, and David were all staring at some spot. Walking up to them, I looked at what they were looking at, a book was missing from the shelve.

"This aisle has Hailey's scent all around. She was here, and you know what book is now missing?" David asked.

Shaking my head, I looked over at him, "The Werewolf history and origin book"

My eyes widened in shock, this isn't good.

~*~*~*~

Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please....

Vote

And

Comment what you think