𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦

(EDITED)

(EDITED)

"Secretary Ross had a Congressional Medal of Honor which is one more than you have." Rhodey told Sam as we sat in a room talking about the Sokovia Accords.

"So let's say we agree to this thing. How long is it gonna be before they LoJack us like a bunch of common criminals?" Sam asked.

"117 countries want to sign this. 117, Sam, and you're just like, no, that's cool. We got it." Rhodey said to Sam.

"How long are you going to play both sides?" Sam asked him.

"I have an equation." Vision spoke up.

"Oh, this will clear it up." Sam said.

"In the eight years since Mr. Stark announced himself as iron man the number of known enhanced persons has grown exponentially. During the same period the number of potentially world ending events has risen at a commencement rate." Vision explained to everyone.

"are you saying it's our fault?" Steve asked Vision.

"I'm saying there may be a causality. Out very strength invites challenge. Challenge incites conflict. And conflict breeds catastrophe. Oversight. Oversight is not an idea that can be dismissed out of hand." Vision explained.

"Boom." Rhodey said.

"Tony. You are being uncharacteristically non hyperverbal." Natasha said to him.

"It's because he's already made up his mind." Steve said.

"Boy, you know me so well.." Tony said as he sat up.

"Actually, I'm nursing an electromagnetic headache. That's what's going on, Cap. It's just pain." Tony explained as he walked to the kitchen counter.

"It's discomfort. Who's putting coffee ground in the disposal?" Tony asked as he looked in the sink.

"Am I running a bed and breakfast for a broker gang?" He asked.

Tony then showed us a kid on his phone.

"Oh, that's Charles Spencer by the way. He's a great kid. Computer engineering degree, 3.6 GPA had a floor level gif at intel planned for the fall. But first, he wanted to put a few miles on his soul before he parked it behind a desk. See the world. Maybe be of service. Charles didn't want to go to Vegas or Fort Lauerdale, which is what I would do. He didn't go to Paris or Amsterdam, which sounds fun. He decided to spend his summer building sustainable housing for the poor. Guess where. Sokovia." Explained Tony.

"he wanted to make a difference, I suppose. We won't know because we dropped a building on him while we were kicking ass.." Tony said.

"There's no decision making progress here. We need to be put in check!" He told everyone.

"Whatever form that takes, I'm game. If we can't accept limitations, if we're boundary less we're no better than the bad guys.." Tony said.

"Tony, someone dies in your watch, you don't give up." Steve told him.

"Who said we're giving up?" Tony asked Steve.

"We are if we're not taking responsibility for our actions. This document just shifts the blame.." Steve explained.

"I'm sorry, Steve. That is dangerously arrogant. This is the United Nations were talking about. It's not the world security council, it's not S.H.I.E.L.D., it's not Hydra." Rhodey explained.

"No, but it's run by people with agendas, and agencies change." Steve explained.

"That's good. That's why I'm here. When I realized what my weapons were capable in the wrong hands. I shit it down and stopped manufacturing." Tony walked towards Steve.

"Tony, you chose to do that. If we sign this, we surrender our rights to choose." Steve explained to Tony.

"What if this panel sends us somewhere we don't think we should go? Whimsy if there is somewhere we need to go and they don't let us? We may not be perfect, but the safest hands are still our own." Steve said.

"If we don't do this now, it's gonna be done to us later. That's the fact. That won't be pretty." Tony said.

"You're saying they'll come for me and y/n." Wanda asked.

"We would protect you both." Vision told her.

"Maybe Tony's right. If we have one hand on the wheel, we can still steer. If we take it off." Natasha explained.

"Aren't you the same woman who told the government to kiss her ass a few years ago?" Sam asked Natasha.

"I'm just reading the terrain. We have made some very public mistakes. We need to win their trust back." Natasha said.

"Focus up. I'm sorry. Did I just mishear you or did you agree with me?" Tony asked Natasha.

"I want to take it back now." Natasha told Tony.

"No, you can't retract it. Thank you. Unprecedented."

"Okay, case closed. I win."

"I have to go." Steve said to everyone and left.