I'll Cry Instead

George's POV

"First Ringo and now Paul. Brian was going to kill us. We're toast. Mm mm, toast." I told John, who was still blind as a bat. Even his glasses didn't help a thing. 

"We're missing Ringo and Paul, and all you can think of is toast." He said, knocking over a table behind me.

"Maybe you should just stay in one place before you make the big mess of stuff you've already knocked over worse."

"What do you think I've been trying to do!?!? I've been trying to find a chair!!!!" He got up and started moving again until I had to guide him to a chair. Which he also knocked over. He fell down and started crawling around. I extended my hand for him to grab onto, but he just grabbed my legs and I fell on top of him. "Thanks for your help, George."

"Well I wasn't the one who grabbed someone's legs."

"George, would you do me a favor?"

"What is it, John?"

"GET OFF OF MY CHEST BEFORE MY RIB CAGE COLLAPSES!" I rolled off him, trying to help him up again. He crawled off somewhere into the hall instead of finding my hand or legs. I tried to follow him, but he could crawl like no other and went off on his own. I walked into a hall full of twists and turns, hoping he wouldn't disapear like Ringo or Paul.

"John? John!" I was hoping he was just playing another joke on me. "JOHN LENNON, SHOW YOURSELF!!!" I shouted down the pitch-black hall.

"George, is that you?" I was reassured that things would be fine. "Hey, what are you- LET ME GO! WHAT THE-" I turned my head and started running in the direction of the screaming voice. I heard muffled cries, and then they all stopped. Not a word. Not a sound.

"Three down, one to go." I heard a man say, chuckling evilly.

I was about to scream "Who's there?" out but, I knew what they meant by "Three down, one to go." They wanted us. Now they were after me. I couldn't let them catch me. It was all on me, but I felt like this was all my fault. I dropped down on my knees in the darkness. I started silently weeping so they wouldn't find me. "Man up, Harrison. They're probably depending on you. You can't tear yourself up over this. They'll find you, and you'll be doomed." I kept on telling myself to do just that, but I couldn't. Then I realized something. They were probably still in the hall, looking for me. I silently crept out, trying to prevent making any noise and trying to prevent hitting a wall. I walked through the hall, feeling around for the door out of here. I finally found the way out after what felt like hours of wandering. I made it back to somewhere with light. I stopped in the middle of the room and started crying as loud as I ever did cry.

"They're probably depending on me. But- but I just can't! I can't save my friends even if I tried! I can't do this. And I'll probably never see them again. Never get to be the victim of one of John's practical jokes. Never get to see Paul comb his hair 500 times in the morning. Never get to see Ringo-being Ringo. Never. Never!" I couldn't man up now. Not when I was %99.99 percent sure I would never get to sing or have fun with three of my closest and best friends. Not now. It's nearly impossible to put all your trust in %00.01. Almost impossible. Not completely impossible, but practically. I locked every door in the entire house I could find, hoping no one would find me. Unless they had mop tops and were one of my closest friends.