four - meeting king

the art of meeting king

- - -

"So Ali came back to my place after she went out and holy shit, Saint, I swear it's never been that good. She did this thing with her tongue right and-"

"Drix!" I shouted, horrified at her description as she rolled her eyes back, as if recalling the feeling. "I don't need to know!"

"Dude, yes you do! As your best friend is it my national and legal duty to inform you of my sex life on a regular basis - this is just an update!"

"Hendrix, you're already the human embodiment of 'TMI'. Trust me, this isn't necessary."

"Oh, go and choke on your ice cream!"

I scrunched my face up, eyes crinkling. "Is that even possible?"

She smiled sweetly, holding her green pistachio ice cream with one hand. "Do you want to find out?"

"Do you have an off switch?"

"Yes, want to find it?" Hendrix rebutted instantly, cackling the moment she spoke. I'd never met anybody who found themselves as funny as she found herself.

It was concerning, but we support it. Hendrix found herself awfully funny, Jem thought they were always right, and Sacha loved himself enough for anyone.

"Oh my shit- Saint!!"

Hendrix's loud gasp pulled me away from my thoughts, staring at the newly green haired girl in alarm. But when I spotted the tiny dog lapping away at my ice cream cone, my mouth dropped open in amazement. Hendrix was looking at me with wide eyes, a soft grin on her face as she watched on in amusement.

"Shit," I stretched out the word, falling short as I started to laugh. My eyes flickered between Drix and the black dog, who looked like it was enjoying my vanilla ice cream much more than I was. "Hey, buddy."

I reached over to pet the pup's head, giggling when it leaned into my touch while still lapping at the cone. I watched as Hendrix whipped her phone out, fingers flying fast as she texted someone.

"Dude, what are you doing that's more important than our new best friend?"

"I'm telling Ali that we've got a new addition, given that we don't find his owner. God, he's so cute." Hendrix practically gushed, smacking my hand away and picking up the pup, improving his access to the nearly finished snack. "Look at that face, he's so beautiful!"

I couldn't help but smile as I watched the dog, not even bothered that I didn't have any of my ice cream left. In fact, I was grateful that it wasn't anything toxic to dogs. God knows we didn't need to be taking a random dog to the Veterinarians.

"Drix, he's probably got an owner searching for him, so tell Ali th-"

"King!"

Hendrix freezed at the sound of the familiar voice. And suddenly, her carefree grin is replaced with a more mischievous one. I wanted to run and hide. New York is insanely massive, humongous even. There was no way in hell that he was her-

"Saint?"

My breathing hitched in my throat, which was slowly but surely becoming a common sensation whenever this stupid man, with his stupidly dumb face, and his stupidly cute dog was near me. Everything in me froze when I saw him walking up to us. His usually messy fluffy strands were held down by a bandana, and I couldn't comprehend how it looked that good.

"Fuck, there goes my ovaries." Hendrix whispered, eyeing him up and down.

My eyes narrowed, head whipping around to glare at her. "You're a lesbian."