ten - pizza

the art of pizza

- - -

"Are you being serious? What do you want me to say?"

"That you're sorry."

"But I'm not."

"You don't have to say sorry to me, but you have to say it to Stevie." I hissed, which made him cackle louder.

"It's an opinion."

"You could have insulted me in any way, you could've taken a sledgehammer to my head and it would've hurt less than you saying that Fleetwood Mac is mediocre."

"I said they've got two good songs!" Kareem barked out another laugh at my horrified expression. I was past being horrified, at this point. "But Landslide is a bit depressing."

"It's about love and life and - oh my god!" I exclaimed, "It's a classic. I can't believe you don't like Landslide when you have the audacity to listen to that horrific fake Indie music!"

"No need to get personal!" Kareem pouted, holding it for about ten seconds before bursting out into another laugh.

We were sat in one of the booths at the Bakery while I was on my break. I wanted to show Kareem some of my playlists so he could expand his music taste but it turned out to be the worst idea of my life.

A sudden thought hit me. "Please tell me you like Taylor Swift."

At his silence, my mouth gaped open.

"Kareem, I swear. Taylor is a deal-breaker. I cannot be near someone who cannot appreciate -"

"I'm joking!" He cut me off, hands up in surrender. "Sacha's already given me this talk. I've listened to all her albums, Reputation is my favorite but Folklore is a close second. He also made me listen to all of The 1975 too."

God, at least my brother is good for something.

Kareem continued, "He even gave me a list of song recommendations. I think he likes them a little bit more than you, to be honest."

"First of all, Red is the best Taylor album and you're not allowed to disagree. It was robbed of a Grammy. Robbed." I shaked my head, not even allowing my thoughts to wander because I'd be stuck in this exact spot all day. "And he's only obsessed with them because he heard one of their songs in Love, Simon."

Kareem eyes widened comically, "Sacha watched a gay movie?"

"He made it his mission to watch a shitload when I came out, including all the short films on Youtube. So he was more educated." I explained with a small smile. Sacha always went out of his way to make me feel safe and loved. "We went to watch Love, Simon when it came out."

Kareem cooed, "That's so cute."

"I know," The corners of my lips tugged up, "If he didn't annoy me so much, I might actually like him for that."

Kareem rolled his eyes, no doubt used to my antics by now. "Are you ready to go?"

I grabbed my jacket, checking in quickly with Bodhi and Isaiah before we headed out to the Pizza diner just down the block.

Today was the day that Sacha and Hendrix decided to have a pizza competition. Whoever eats more gets bragging rights for the rest of their life, which wasn't wanted for any reason.

However, when this was suggested, I was well aware of how the competition would pan out. The result was predictable, as was the response.

"I can't do it."