nineteen - doing what you love

the art of doing what you love (literally)

- - -

"Sacha, fuck off."

My younger brother leaned forward, sticking his head between Kareem and me from where he was sitting in the back seat. "Do you ever stop complaining? Somebody's cranky today."

"Somebody needs to learn to shut the fuck up." I hissed, shoving his face back with my hand.

He let out a strangled squeal, provoking Kezziah to let out a bark of laughter at Sacha's expense.

"Maybe I'd stop complaining if you weren't so damned annoying. Keep talking and see what happens." I threatened idly, scowling.

That just made my brother snort, "You're about as intimidating as a butterfly."

"I'm sure Kezziah wouldn't mind taking my place." I added in, making Sacha's eyes flicker. Kezziah might be younger and a lot smaller than him, but she was scrappy.

And very scary.

"Jesus fuck." Kareem said under his breath, chuckling at us.

"What clown pissed in your cereal this morning?" Kezziah asked, shoving Sacha so he fell against the window. "You're being more annoying than usual."

"I'm always like this." Sacha said, offended. "You're just annoyed because you don't understand how much of a legend I am."

"Legend?" I laughed, hearing Kezziah follow my actions. "As far as I'm concerned, you're lucky I'm not insisting we drop you off at an animal shelter."

"Or at Trump Tower." Kezziah piped up. Sacha glared at her.

"You would never."

I shrugged, sending Kareem a sly smile. "Oh, wouldn't I?"

"Jem would kill you."

I shrugged again, "They don't have to know."

"Don't worry, Sach, I wouldn't let him do that." Kareem assured him, to Sacha's utmost delight, before his frown returned when Kareem continued, "It'd be pointless anyway. Trust me, they'll bring you back."

That was the last straw before Kezziah and I started howling with laughter, my arm holding my stomach as it started to hurt.

"I don't know why I put up with this."

"Be grateful we're even taking you to Bodhi's." I muttered, "You're only going because we were taking Kezz there anyway. I would've left you at home otherwise."

"Surely this could be classed as child neglect," My brother complained. "Kareem, tell him to stop. Please!"

A laugh bubbled out of my boyfriend's throat as he shook his head, parking the car as Kezziah hopped out.

"No can do, Sach. But have fun!" He laughed even harder when Sacha let out a small huff of frustration.

Watching as our siblings disappeared into Bodhi's house, with Kezziah shoving Sacha so he nearly fell down the steps, the corners of my lips tugged up. "Perhaps we should be nicer to them."

"Perhaps," Kareem agreed with a shrug, driving us back towards his house. "But we won't be."

"True."

It was all love, to be honest. They knew that deep down.

As much as they both denied it, I knew Sacha and Kezziah enjoyed each other's company. They'd seen a lot more of each other while Sacha had been staying at Kareem's, which led to a number exchange. They'd been going out a lot and were developing a friendship that I hoped would last for a lifetime.