dizzy

"This is so lame

"This is so lame." Juliet groaned. Even though she knew Jake was right, and Sam had already told her no, Juliet still went to Leah. "Why can't I come?"

"I already let you play with vampires once today, you really think I'll let you do it again?" Leah snorted. "No, Jules."

"Come on." Juliet groaned. "Bella's gonna be there. And don't you want me to spend time with her?"

"You are not using this against me." Leah scowled.

"You used it against me." Juliet poked Leah's chest playfully. "My turn."

"What did Sam say?" Leah sighed.

"Sam's not the boss of me." Juliet frowned.

"Jules..." Leah sighed.

"Lee..." Juliet imitated. "Come on. It's not like you wouldn't be there the whole time."

"Leah, come on!" Seth called. "We gotta go meet up with the others!"

"Leah!" Juliet whined.

"I'll be back in a few hours, Jules." Leah's hand rested on the side of Juliet's neck. "Get some sleep, hmm? You had a long night. And maybe shower, you reek. Throw those in the wash, too."

"This is so unfair." Juliet crossed her arms over her chest. Leah chuckled, leaning over and kissing Juliet's cheek.

"I'll be back before you wake up." Juliet followed Leah downstairs, coming to stand next to Sue on the porch.

"Bye mom, bye Jules!" Seth waved.

"I don't like this." Sue sighed. "You're sure about this?" She turned to Juliet.

"Sure enough." Juliet nodded. "I mean, you've known Carlisle since they first moved here."

"True..." Sue nodded.

"And...and they saved Bella's life last year." Juliet explained. "That's what they're trying to do now. The newborn army, Alice said they were after Bella. Besides, knowing Sam he won't let any of the pack get near the Cullen's. Jasper said they would need instruction. I doubt they'll do more than just watch."

———————

Juliet was half sleep when she felt the bed dip behind her. Just a few seconds later, Leah's warm arms wrapped around her and she felt Leah kiss the back of her neck.

"How'd it go?" Juliet mumbled.

"Fine." Leah answered, yawning. "Go back to sleep." Juliet turned around in Leah's arms, making Leah sigh. "I didn't mean to wake you up..."

"You didn't." One of Juliet's hands rested on the side of Leah's face for a moment before moving back to rake through her hair. "Not really. I was kinda waiting for you."