different

"Are you ready?" Leah stopped the truck, looking over at Juliet

"Are you ready?" Leah stopped the truck, looking over at Juliet. Her fingers were nervously drumming against her legs, and her eyes were fixed on the front door. "Jules..." Leah put one of her hands on Juliet's arm, making her look over. "You don't have to do this right away."

"No, I...I do." Juliet nodded, taking a breath. "Okay, let's go." Leah looked apprehensive, but slid out of the truck when Juliet did. The front door opened and Juliet perked up, only be greeted by Jake.

"Hey." Jake smiled, leaning against the doorframe as Juliet and Leah walked upstairs. "You ready?"

"Of course." Juliet nodded. Jake turned back around, leading them inside. Bella was sitting on the couch, Edward on one side and Rosalie on the other, with Renesmee in her lap. Renesmee looked up when the door shut, smiling and beginning to hold her arms out towards Juliet. Bella looked up, and Juliet was surprised to see just how red her eyes were. She hadn't expected them to be so bright.

"Hey Jules." Bella's voice was slightly different, more musicial sounding. Her face was sharper, her hair was shinier, and somehow she'd gotten even paler-but it was still Bella.

"Hey Bells." Juliet breathed, feeling Leah's arm tighten around her waist as she took a few steps closer. Nessie was still reaching out towards her. "Hi Ness, sorry I had to leave for a few days."

"Not you too." Bella groaned. "It's Renesmee, no nicknames."

"Come on." Juliet chuckled, moving closer, not noticing Leah's nerves. "Nessie's a cute nickname, and she likes it." Rosalie moved, and Juliet sat down. Leah was as tense as she'd ever been, but everyone else seemed far more relaxed. "Hey Ness." Juliet smiled down at her. Nessie reached up, putting her hand on Bella's face. Bella chuckled as she pulled her hand away.

"She missed you." Bella lifted Nessie up, shifting her into Juliet's lap. Their hands brushed, and goosebumps ran up Juliet's arm.

"Man, you are cold." Juliet snorted lightly. Nessie wasted no time in raising her tiny hand and placing it against Juliet's face. She saw bits and pieces of Charlie's visit from the day prior, as well as the last time she had seen Nessie. It was a few minutes later that Nessie finally lowered her hand. "I know, I know. Charlie'll be here soon. I just wanted to come by early and see you." This made Nessie smile.

"Okay! Rose, get Nessie. I have all the new clothes laid out!" Alice appeared in the room, a wide smile on her face. "Hi Juliet, I'm so glad you're back." She came over, planting a kiss on Juliet's face and lifting Nessie from Juliet's arm. "Photo shoot." She said as she noticed Juliet's confused expression. "We have to have a believable baby album, don't we?"

"Are you sure it's not just an excuse to dress Nessie up like a little doll?" Juliet snorted. Alice stuck her tongue out before she was gone.

"I have to go put these stupid contacts in." Bella huffed, picking up a small white case from the table. "Dad can't see the eyes, you know?"

"Makes sense." Juliet shrugged. Bella was only gone for a second, but when she came back she had muddy brown eyes. "Gotta say, I like the red better. It really pops."

"Ha ha." Bella rolled her eyes, a small smile on her face. "How've...how've you been?"

"Good." Juliet nodded. "Working mostly. Think we nearly got enough to move out, finally. But uh, ya know, really I've just been waiting until I could come back. I didn't think it would be so hard to stay away." Bella laughed.

"Renesmee, right? She's had that effect on everyone."

"Well yeah, but also because of you." Juliet bumped Bella's arm with her own. "I did kinda see you die, Bells. It's nice to see you, ya know, alive again. And I meant it when I said it, I'm not going anywhere."

"Thanks Jules." Bella's smile widened, as did Juliet's. Bella laid a cold hand over Juliet's, and Juliet could feel Leah's arm tense around her. "Oh, Charlie's almost here."

"He brought Sue as well." Edward mumbled.

"What?" Leah finally spoke up.

"It appears she offered to come with." Edward continued, staring off at the wall. "To ease Charlie's nerves." Bella was on her feet and at the door in a second, waiting excitedly.

————————

"You sure you're stickin' around?" Charlie eyed the house again. "You two could, uh, always come have dinner with me and Sue."

"I'm sure, dad." Juliet nodded. "I wanna get a little more time in with Nessie before she's gotta go to bed." Charlie nodded.

"Well alright." To her surprise, he pulled her into a hug. "I'll see you soon, Jules."

"See ya dad." Juliet stepped back next to Leah, and they watched Charlie's cruiser drive away. "I don't know if I'll get ever get used to him knowing as much as he does." Juliet sighed. "Feels too weird."

"Yeah, thats what I thought about you knowing everything." Juliet raised her eyebrows at Leah. "I'm used to it now, but back at the beginning. I honestly didn't wanna tell you anything."

"Figures." Juliet rolled her eyes. "Imagine where we'd be if you hadn't."

"I shudder at the thought." Leah joked, wrapping her arms around Juliet's waist. "You really wanna stick around? You look pretty tired." Juliet yawned as if on cue, and Leah raised her eyebrows.

"At least let me go say goodbye." Juliet sighed. "Then fine, we can go home."

—————————

"Do you think it's all over?" Juliet asked quietly, her fingers looping through Leah's hair.

"What do you mean?" Leah frowned.

"All the...the craziness, the drama." Juliet sighed. "I know things are settled between the packs and stuff, and that's all cool, but do you think it's over? Do you think...that we can just relax now?" Leah laughed lightly.

"Sure, yeah." Leah nodded, moving her face across the pillow and closer to Juliet's. "Yeah, it's all over."

"Good." Juliet's hand rested on the side of Leah's face, her thumb stroking Leah's lips lightly. "Because I think we deserve a break. I feel like we still haven't gotten any time alone, like, ever."

"Soon." Leah promised. "Maybe after Christmas, we'll just get away for a while. Go somewhere where vampires and werewolves and all this shit doesn't exist." Juliet chuckled, nodding lightly. "Just be normal for once."

"I'd like that." Juliet smiled. "Normal."