renesmee

Juliet stared down at Renesmee, her eyes boring into the all-too familiar chocolate ones

"Nessie." Jacob corrected, but Juliet couldn't look away. "So much easier."

"Nessie..." Juliet mumbled. The baby's, Nessie's, face lit up when Juliet spoke. She then raised a small, chubby hand, placing it against Juliet's face. Juliet gasped lightly as a vivid image, as clear was if she was seeing it in real life, appeared in her brain. The first Juliet's face, frozen with horror, shock and agony. Juliet realized it was herself, watching Bella die. The next image soon appeared. Juliet was on the couch, her head resting in Alice's lap. And the final was Juliet a few moments prior, staring down at Nessie with a smile. The image faded and Nessie retracted her hand. "What was that?" Juliet looked up at the others around her.

"Her gift." Rosalie smiled, coming to knees next to the couch. Her fingers reached out, stroking Nessie's cheek softly. "Isn't it incredible? It's how she communicates. She'll show us what she wants, and she's been asking for you to wake up all night." Rosalie chuckled.

"Me?" Juliet looked back down at the baby. "You wanted me?" The light nod surprised Juliet.

"She knows you." Alice cooed, leaning over Juliet to smile at Nessie. "Knows us all. And she's not happy about Bella not being awake yet."

"Well of course not." Juliet couldn't help but stare into her eyes, knowing she'd never see Bella with them again. "She's her mother, I'm sure she wants to meet her." She finally tore her eyes away, looking up at Jake. "Are you sticking around, then? Not gonna go wolf off again?"

"Nah." He shook his head. "I'm back. For good." She nodded, looking back down at Renesmee. It was hard to look away, but eventually she wanted to eat so Rose took her away, Jake following as he argued that it was his turn to feed her.

"How are you feeling?" Alice asked. Juliet looked around and realized that Jasper was gone, but she still felt calm.

"I'm...okay." Juliet nodded. "Knowing that she's coming back, it makes me feel okay." Alice nodded, giving her hand a light squeeze. "And Renesmee is..." Juliet could only let out a breath, words failing her.

"I know." Alice chuckled. "Isn't she?" Alice looked towards the door. "Leah's back. She's been checking in every hour to see if you're awake."

"Leah." Juliet breathed, going to stand up. Alice stayed at her side, her arm securely wrapped around her waist. "I can walk, Alice."

"Yeah, I thought the same last night until you fainted and could've cracked your head open." Alice scoffed. "Personal escort, let's go." Juliet rolled her eyes, but let Alice lead her over to the door. She realized how right Alice was, as her legs slightly wavered. Alice pulled the door open, and Leah stood there, a scowl on her face.

"Leah!" Juliet smiled. Leah's scowl dropped and she hurried forward, her arms wrapping around Juliet. Alice pulled back, but Juliet could still feel her cold hand pressed against her lower back. "I'm so sorry."

"What are you sorry for?" Leah pulled back, looking down at Juliet. "I was being an ass."

"But I yelled at you." Juliet frowned.

"And I don't care." Leah shook her head lightly. "How are you, are you feeling okay? I'm so sorry."

"No, no I'm fine." Juliet took a breath. Memories of the night prior flooded her memory, but she pushed them away. Bella would come back, and then it wouldn't matter. "Have you met Nessie? She showed me, well, me. It was incredible."

"Yeah, I've seen the little monster." Leah rolled her eyes lightly. "We should get you home, Jules."

"What? No!" Juliet protested. "I don't wanna leave Nessie!"

"She's right, Juliet." Alice said. "Bella...well...you know. You can't be around when she wakes up. You're a human, no matter how much you smell like us or like wet-dog, your blood will still appeal to her. It's not safe." Juliet sighed, nodding her head after a few moments.

"Right, I forgot." She said.

"Wait here." Alice was only gone for two seconds, but she had a bag in her hands when she returned. "I took the liberty of picking out some clothes for you from my closet." Juliet opened her mouth to refuse them, but Alice didn't let her. "I don't wear them and I've already seen how much you love them." She said, but Juliet still wasn't convinced. "Fine, I guess you don't love me then." Alice looked away scornfully, and Juliet scoffed.

"Fine, you freak." Juliet reached over, taking the bag from her hands and making Alice smile widely. "That's unfair and you know it."

"But it works every time." Alice leaned over, kissing Juliet's cheek. "I'll call you when she wakes up, kay? Oh! There's also a cell phone in there, you really need one."

"Alice-" Juliet started.

"Don't you love me?" Alice countered, and Juliet groaned, throwing her head back. "Thank you!" She said in a singsongy voice. "And I'll let you know when we can bring Nessie to see you. I promise to send pictures though, you won't believe her growth rate."

"Thanks Alice." Juliet chuckled. "Tell everyone I love them, please. And I expect lots of pictures." Alice nodded before she was gone. Juliet turned her attention back to Leah. "Okay." Juliet took a breath. "Let's go home."

————————

"I'm so happy you're home." Sue hugged Juliet tightly. Leah had to get back, as Seth still wasn't leaving the Cullen's. Juliet wasn't too happy about her leaving, but she promised to come back before Juliet went to bed so she couldn't really complain. "Oh, I missed you so much."

"I'm glad to be back too, Sue." Juliet nodded as they pulled away. "It's kind of nice to be in a house where your thoughts can't be read and everything you do isn't heard by everyone." Sue chuckled.

"Go ahead and get cleaned up." Sue shooed her away as she started back for the kitchen. "I'll make you some food, I'm sure you haven't been eating well." Juliet couldn't argue with that, so she turned and began to head upstairs.