bella

"He likes the sound of your voice too, Juliet

"He likes the sound of your voice too, Juliet." Edward mused quietly. "He recognizes you."

"Well good." Juliet smiled lightly up at Bella. "That kid better get used to me cause I'm not going anywhere if I can help it."

"Jules..." Bella mumbled quietly.

"We'll work up to it." Juliet spoke assuredly. "But nothing is keeping me from my family, got it?" Bella nodded silently. "I'm not leaving you, Bella. I promise."

"Thank you." Bella reached a frail hand over, and Juliet took it. "I just wish..."

"I know." Juliet could tell what she wanted. She wanted Charlie and Renee. "I know. But don't worry, okay? They'll be okay. I know they will." Bella nodded again, and her attention refocused on her stomach. Edward's head snapped up.

"Jacob's back." He said before standing up. Bella watched him leave, and Rosalie took his place.

"You should eat something, Juliet." Rosalie pointed out. "You haven't eaten all day."

"I'm not hungry." Juliet shook her head. It was a lie, of course she was starving, but she didn't want to leave Bella's side.

"Go." Bella nudged her lightly. "I'll be fine for five minutes." Juliet sighed, nodding and making her way to the kitchen with Alice close behind her. As she was pulling the fridge open, she heard Jake and Edward come inside.

"What are you having?" Alice leaned back against the counter.

"Dunno." Juliet shrugged. "I'm only doing this for Bella." Alice chuckled.

"You need to take care of yourself too, you know." Alice pointed out. "Because how do you think she'll feel if you start wasting away." Juliet snorted.

"Thanks Alice, great pep talk." Alice smiled.

"It's what I'm good at." Juliet rolled her eyes, deciding to just get some cereal instead of fussing to make a whole meal. Just as she shut the fridge, they heard crack come from the living room. Then, the screaming started. Alice was gone is a second and Juliet dashed around the corner. The vampires and Bella were gone, Jake was sprinting up the stairs after them, and all that she could see was blood. A pool of it where Bella had once been sitting, a massive pool, and a thick trail up the stairs. Juliet couldn't focus as she ran upstairs, not paying attention as she slipped a little on the blood as she scrambled up the stairs. She followed the bright red trail into Carlisle's office, where they'd set up a makeshift hospital room already.

Juliet's head whipped around as she stood next to Jacob, frozen. Bella was vomiting blood, Rosalie was speaking quickly into a Bluetooth earpiece, and Edward was yelling. It was only then that Juliet realized she couldn't hear them, only ringing. Bella began screaming something again, and Juliet only blinked before she was out of the room. Alice had grabbed her and shut the door, now holding her lightly against a wall. Juliet's face was blank as she stared past Alice, who kept trying to talk to her.