Down In New Orleans

(Y/N) P.O.V:
—————————-

"Ugh!"

You sigh heavily as you take off your apron and throwing your shoes somewhere around in the room.

You walk over to a chest and kneel down, opening it to see the many savings you've made during the years.

"Phew! Okay, today was definitely a bit slow, but like Tiana says 'every little penny counts'" you miss as you take the tips from your apron and putting them in one of the cans.

Smiling, you stand up and look at the photo of your family on your dresser. Seeing your family always brought you joy, especially after the twins were born. Mischievous little boys they are. You never knew siblings could be such a handfuls.

Laughing softly at the memories, you kiss the picture "I miss you guys. Hope you can come visit soon."

You turn when you hear your blaring alarm clock and you rush over to shut it up. You move over to your closet to grab your uniform and change.

Tying the bow to keep your dress in place, you open your door and see a tired Tiana

"Goodnight, Cal's." You smile

Tiana gives one back "Good morning Duke's."
——————————
3rd P.O.V:

'In the south land, there's a city way down the river'

"Hurry! Hurry!" (Y/N) urges as she jumps in the moving train car, grabbing Tiana's hand and pulling her up.

"Good afternoon you two." The driver greets with a laugh

"Good afternoon!" (Y/N) replies, Tiana nodding in acknowledgment

'Where the women are very pretty and the men deliver'

The two girls look down at a cooking magazine with interest in their eyes, a man next to (Y/N) goes to give her a flower, hearing the bell Tiana takes (Y/N)'s hand and pulls her off the train car.

Not noticing the two leave, the man continues to hold the flower out, opening his eyes and gulping when a bigger man looks down at him with a unimpressed look.

'They got music, it's always playing'

Getting off the train car, (Y/N) and Tiana fix their clothing before moving forward, only to get blocked.

'Starting in the daytime, go all through the night'

Trying to get past the band, two men from the back take the girls hands and start to dance with them. (Y/N) awkwardly smiles as she and Tiana yank their hands away and rush to the cafe.

'Grab somebody, come on down'

Tiana takes the plates from the cook, turning around and gracefully putting the dishes in front of the customers, making them smile.

'Bring your paint brush, we painting the town'

(Y/N) drizzles honey on her beignets, spinning the platter and patting powered sugar on them with a smile

'There's some sweetness goin' round'

Passing them out with great skill, a stone-faced soldier takes a bite, his eyes widening as he salutes at (Y/N) with a smile