Riverboat Jubilee

~Be kind to one another~ Ephesians 4:32

Y'all are gonna love this one🥰😊

(Y/N) P.O.V:
____________

Louis looked over the railing of the boat, his eyes dart left and right, his eyebrows following the action.

He whistles, waving his arm to urge you all over. Jumping between the railing, you listen to the music, bumping your head to the beat and smiling before gasping.

"Guys hide!" You whisper yelled, jumping behind a pipe with Naveen as everybody panicked.

The men came closer to the corner, their shadows against the curtains as they chatter about.

"They got guns!" Louis whimpered, his eyes wide with fear.

Louis tried to jump into the pipe you're hiding behind, urging himself in as best he could, realizing that it's not working, he got out and stood still as a statue with his tail over his head in a protective manner.

The three musicians walked past him, their animal costumes on as they held their instruments. One man in a lion's costume noticed Louis and smiles, pinching his arm to feel the scales.

"Man, that is one killer-diller costume." He complimented.

Another in a armadillo costume lifts a brow, leaning in. "Hey gator, can you blow that horn?"

Still nervous, Louis is eyes them he starts to play a small but jamming tune, making the musicians smile in awe, walking away while waving them over.

"Come on. Sit in with us!"

"We're playing Mardi Gras!"

Louis sighs in relief as he relaxes his body before jumping up and exclaiming excitedly. He eagerly follows them as he resumed the tune he played before.

You looked from the retreating gator to Naveen as he did the same, making your nares touch. You blushed as the two of you let go of each other quickly, chuckling nervously.

Not noticing that awkward tension, Ray flew next to Naveen, smiling. "We can't miss this! Little Louis gon' to finally play with the big boys!"

"Oh, it's so nice that Louis is getting a chance at his dream!" You excitedly follow after Ray, stopping for a moment to look back at Naveen. "Princey, you coming?"

"Oh, heh... " He laughs softly at the nickname, leaning against the pipe as he waves his hand at you. "I'll—I'll catch up with you later."

Nodding, you hop away as he watches after you. Naveen's smile slowly turns into a frown as he contemplated.

Looking down, he notices a bronz colored muselet and a color coordinated bead necklace. He tilts his head as he looked between a ivory white colored bead and the muselet.

He got an idea.

3rd P.O.V:
. . . . .

Naveen tied the end muselet, forming a tight spiral. Knowing the ring will stay intact, he carefully placed it on to the dark blue padding inside of a walnut cover before closing it.

Holding the object close, he sighed, looking up at the North Star. "Oh, Evangeline. Why can't I just look (Y/N) in the eye and say 'I will do whatever it takes to make all your dreams come true because... because I love you.'?"

Of course as he was saying such a sweet sentiment in his frustration, he didn't notice the livid firefly watching him.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, Cap!" Ray glared, lifting up his metaphorical sleeves as his light turned red. "You makin' goo-goo eyes at my girl?!"