Are You Ready?

~Search me, God, and know my heart. Test me and know my anxious thoughts.~ Psalms 39:23

3rd P.O.V:
__________

"Lawrence, why are you doing this?" Naveen questions as he slammed the door, walking further into the church.

"As payback." Lawrence answered, holding Naveen face to face as he glared. "For all those years... of humiliation."

Facilier walked out of the shadows of another doorway, swinging his cane at Lawrence and glaring. "Get your royal rump back on that wedding cake and finish this deal!"

Ray flew under the crack of the door, watching as Naveen croaked and spooked Lawrence as he took the totem and struggled in his hands.

"What is he doing?!" Facilier exclaimed, furious. "Stop him!"

"Give it to me!" Lawrence threatened through clenched teeth as Naveen kicked the totem Ray's way, making him fly up and catch it.

He smiled. "I got it!" The totem stretched him arms as he grunted. "Oh! It got me, too!"

He dragged the totem to the door as Lawrence tried to rushed after him. "Let go of that—!"

Facilier grabbed him by the back of his collar. "Stay out of sight!"

"Come one, come on!" Ray managed to get it out from under the door, Facilier slamming them open and glaring Ray's way, whistling.

The shadows emerge from the crowd, hissing after Ray as they followed.

(Y/N) P.O.V:
. . . . .

Louis played his trumpet with the musicians with vigor as the crowd went wild, he stopped with a wrong note as Ray and the shadows flew past him, frowning with worry. "Ray?"

The musician in the armadillo costume looked at Louis questionably, hitting his drum. "Hey, why did you stop?"

Lou's got on all four and roared, the crowd quickly screaming and running away as he stomped towards the cemetery.

"He's a real gator!"

. . . . .

"Chére! Chére!" You looked up as Ray flew at you, the totem in his hands and tossing it at you. "This proves what we saw ain't what we thought we saw!"

You looked at him alarmed. "Ray, what is this?"

Ray waves his hands around urgently. "It's a voodoo hayacall! The Shadow Man, He been using it for the—!"

He stopped when the shadows shrieked and hissed, exclaiming as he pushed the totem towards you again and spoke hurriedly. "You can't let the Shadow man get this, no matter what! Now, run girl! Run!"

Seeing that you ran, Ray turned to the shadows. "Don't make me light my butt!"

The shadows shrieked loudly in reply as they settled against the tombstones, surrounding him.

"YOOOWW!!" Ray exclaimed, wiggling his light, rushing at the shadows as he hit them. "I'm gonna get you! I got a lot more of me! Come here, you!"

He laughs triumphantly, raising his fists in victory. "Who's next?! Oof—!"

He groaned as Facilier smacked him against a tombstone, falling to the ground as he and the shadows looked at him in disgust.

Facilier walked forward and stepped on him, a crunch and squish implying what's been done, the shadows zoom forward as he fixed his suit and walked away.