The Masquerade

You can choose any one of these! Or Tiana's dress. Which ever you prefer!❤️

(Y/N) P.O.V:
——————-

You stood behind the food table with Tiana, watching the guests. You raise a brow at couple questionable costumes, but you manage to keep your thoughts to yourself.

"Hey, Tiana?" You asks, looking at your friend as she fills the drinks, giving them to a waiter before looking at you in question. "Could you get more supplies please? I'm running out of beignets." You smile when she laughs.

"These guests must like them if they went out so quickly!" The both of you laugh as she puts down the pitcher, walking past you and leaving the party. "I'll be right back."

"Thank you!"

"No problem!"

As you serve another guest, a canine in a Roman war costume comes up to the table, giving you puppy eyes.

You raise a brow and smile "Stella." You scold as she whines, drooling, "Stella, no. No."

She gives you even bigger puppy eyes, whining louder. You laugh as you grab a beignet, watching as Stella wags her tail quickly in excited anticipation.

"Fine, just one. Don't tell anyone okay?" Hearing her bark, you throw the culinary treat in the air, giggling as Stella slides across the dance floor to get it.

"Give me then napkins, quick!"

You jump when Charlotte suddenly shows up next to the table, grabbing as many napkins as she could and stuffing them into her dress.

"What? Why?"

"I swear, I'm sweating like a sinner in church!" Charlotte replies, stuffing more and more napkins into her dress and leaning against the staircase.

You roll your eyes with a fond smile as you watch your friend look around frantically before pouting, facing towards the stairs.

"Oh, (N/N)! It's getting to be so late!"

"There's still a few stragglers—"

"It's just not fair!" Charlotte cries, folding her arms with a even bigger pout. "My prince is never coming! I never get anything I wish for!"

She snatches the napkins out of her dress and throws her tiara at you, rushing up the staircase as you struggle to catch up with her as she sobs loudly at the balcony, running her makeup.

"It's okay, Lottie." You try to put a hand on her arm when she suddenly looks up to the North Star, walking away from you. "Just take a deep—"

"Maybe I just gotta wish harder." She ignores you, talking to herself as she starts to wish.

"Please, please, please!"

"Lottie!"

"Please, please, please!"

"You can't just wish on a star and expect—"

"Ladies and Gentlemen!"

You and Charlotte turn around quickly, dumbfounded looks on your faces as the prince walks up the staircase, the spotlight on him.

"His royal highness, Prince Naveen!"

The guests exclaim in delight and bow as Naveen greets them with a wave, you jump when the tiara gets snatched out of your hands as you stare at the North Star in disbelief.

Charlotte quickly gets herself together, whistling before throwing glitter in the air and posing. The guests applaud as Naveen waits at  the bottom of the stairs, he doesn't wait long because Charlotte speeds down them.

He bows in respect before she drags him to herself and the music starts to play. They waltz  on the dance floor as you walk back to the table, you watch them with a smile as he dips her and she sees you. Charlotte points vigorously at the Prince and you give her a thumbs up.

You sway softly to the music, not noticing the figure walking and standing next to you.

"Evening, (Y/N). Marvelous party."

"Oh!" You jump, looking towards the voice and seeing a horse costume. You raise a brow before realizing its the realtors as the man takes off the mask, backing up a bit when his brother comes from behind. "Evening, Mr. Fenner! And M-mr. Fenner."

"Fine-smelling beignets." Mr. Fenner points out, looking longingly at your desserts.

You lift a plate towards them as you reply with a smile. "It's going to be the house specialty once Tiana and I sign those papers y'all brought."

The tallest Fenner freezes for a second before trying to explain. "Yes. About that—"

"You were outbid." The shortest brother  announces bluntly, licking his fingers from the powered sugar.

Your smile slowly drops as you look between them. "What? Outbid?"

"A fellow came in, offered the full amount in cash." Me. Fenner explains, a semi-sympathetic look on his face when he sees your mood drop even more.

"Unless the two you can top his offer by Wednesday, Ms. (Y/N)....."

His brother stuffs more beignets into his suit before waving a beignet-filled hand at you. "You can kiss that place goodbye."

You gasp, an angry look on your face as you  rush in front of them when they go to leave and you fold your arms. "Do you have any idea how long it took us to save that money??"

"Exactly!" Mr. Fenner Points out, taking you by your arms and gently moving you to the side. "Which is why a little woman of your.... background, would have their hands full trying to run a big business like that." They start to walk away, ignoring your offended look. "Your better off where your at."

You clench your hands. "Hold on a second!—"

"Love those beignets, though!"

You grab on to the tail of their costume and pull to try to make them stop, only failing when the tail rips off. You loose your footing and yell out as you fall against the table, breaking it and causing most of the food to land on you.

You sigh and start to stand and shake off what you can as Charlotte comes up to you. "(N/N)! Time to hit Prince Charming with those man-catching—"

She stops to fully look at you, gasping with a concerned look on her face. "What happened? Are you okay?"

"I-it just happened....."

"Oh, you poor dear..." Charlotte takes your hand, looking worried as you keep your head down. The both of you walk carefully up the stairs, stopping for a second as Charlotte looks back."Oh, Prince Naveen! We'll be right back sugar!" She takes you through the doors and giving you a smile. "Now, I got just the dress for you, (Y/N)."

——————-
Note: hello again! FYI this chapter was WAAAY to long for me so I kinda cut it!!😊

I'll be mentioning that again in the second half!!
another FYI I was reading a TMNT book before this a couple days ago and that's where the idea of this dresses can from😅😅😂

BUT IM KEEPING THE NOTES!!😂
———————-
End Note: IF THERE IS ANY MISSPELLINGS OR MISSING WORDS LET ME KNOW ❤️❤️❤️
Word count:1133