The Shadow Man

3rd P.O.V:
——————-

"Excuse me!"

Lawrence rushes through the crowded sidewalk, bumping into people with the bags he desperately tries to hold onto in his hurry.

"You need a hand there, buddy?" A man asked, concerned. But Lawrence ignored him as he kept speedwalking.

He takes a breath of exhaustion, not letting up on his hold on the bags. He lifts his head when he hears upbeat music and looks towards a crowd, cheering. Walking over, he looks over the people as much as he can as they watch Naveen and a young boy dance.

"Yes!" Naveen laughs as he moves to the side, letting the little boy dance himself. He exclaims with a smile as the boy does a split and finishing it off with a spin.

Looking at the ladies, he tips his hat and winks, making them giggle as he dances in front of the crowd again, playing his ukulele.

"Sire!" Lawrence calls out, pushing through the crowd. "I've been looking for you everywhere!"

Naveen looks at him. "What a coincidence Lawrence!" He continues to dance as he smirks his butler. "I have been avoiding you everywhere!"

"We are going to be late for the masquerade." Lawrence speak worriedly, fixing his hold on the bags, freezing when Naveen holds him by the shoulders.

"Listen, Lawrence, listen!" Naveen exclaims in delight, spinning in a circle as he points to the instruments. "It's jazz- Jazz music! It was born here."

He leans on Lawrence's back, leaning his face on his hand as he smiles at the women, making them giggle. His butler unamused. "Is beautiful, no?"

"No!"

Naveen gets off of Lawrence, tossing his ukulele at the boy, making the child smile big as he plays, everyone claps to the beat as Naveen takes the poor Butler's hands, making him drop the bags.

"Dance with me, fat man!"

Lawrence yelps as he tries to get his hands out of the Naveen's hold, failing every time he moves and shuffles their feet.

"Stay loose, Lawrence!" Naveen laughs,  twirling the butler as the music continues.

"We're supposed to be at the La Bouff estate by now!" Lawrence calls out, his head spinning from the dizziness.

He yelps again when Naveen stops, pushing him to the side, taking off his hat and spreading his arms out wide with a care free smile. "Yes, yes, yes! But first I buy everyone here a drink!"

"With what?!" Lawrence asks, incredulous as the crowd cheers even louder. "At this point, you have two choices, woo and marry a rich young lady." He smirks at Naveen as he rubs his hands together before pointing towards a man shoveling horse Manure. "Or get a job!"

Naveen groans as he shivers in disgust before shrugging, taking Lawrence's arm again and starts dancing with the crowd. "Alright. Fine. But first, we dance!"

"No! This is idiocy!"

"For someone who cannot see his feet, you're very light on them!" Naveen picks up and twirls  Lawrence before letting him go. But he wasn't able to find his footing and ended up flying into a tuba, landing into the wall.

Naveen laughs. "Is perfect! you finally got into the music." He holds the tuba still has Lawrence groans, dizzy. "Do you get my joke? Cause your head.... I—it's in the tuba."