Goin' Down The Bayou

I'm sorryyyyyyy 😭😭😭
This is Ray!
(Y/N) P.O.V:
_______________

It's been a couple minutes since you and the group were walking, well hopping. You're still getting used to these legs.

"We almost There!" Ray calls out, looking back to smile at you all before looking forward again.

You cough to get his attention, rubbing your arm nervously. "I want to apologize for what happened back there. I feel bad."

Ray waves off your apology. "Worry 'bout nothing, chére! Ain't the first time someone tried to gobble me down!"

He laughs at his words as the three of you smile in amusement. Getting tired of hopping, you jump on Louis' back, smiling all the while.

"So, where these friends at, Ray?" Louis asks, raising a brow.

Ray laughs again, making you all look at him questionably. "Why, we already here!"

He whistles and your eyes widen in awe other fireflies light up, coming out of the trees, either laying on leafs or flying around. Illuminating the Bayou.

"Why, me and my relational's will help show y'all the way to Mama Odies!" Ray declares, looking at his family.

Jumping off of Louis' back, you land next to Naveen on a root in the water, gazing at the fire flies as Naveen exclaims with a 'ashidanza!'

Ray flies up to a couple of stragglers laying on a  couple leafs, grinning. "Hey, Cousin Ray! Are you ready for a little Bayou Zydeco?"

The big bug laughs. "Ready when you are, Cousin Ray."

"Alright, Lulu. Let's get to it, darling!" Ray announces, tossing the child in the air before playing her as a accordion as the fireflies create a path in the air, dancing to the music.

Noticing you're caught up in the music, he flies down to the two of you. "Come on, chére! Just follow the bouncing butt!"

"We're gonna take you there, we're gonna take you there, we're gonna take you all the way there!"

Ray and his family are moving forward, going a little conga move they dance and bump to the music. You follow but notice Naveen is still dancing on the root, so you grab his hand and yank with you as he shouts in surprise.

"Gonna take you there, we're gonna take you there, we're gonna take you all the way!"

The fireflies bounce up and down to the beat, Louis following their action as he moves his body, smiling while doing it.

"Goin' down the bayou, goin' down the bayou, goin' down the bayou, taking you all the way!"

You and Naveen hop the the tree roots as you both dance to the music, you jump through a log as Louis forgets he's too big, grunting as it gets stuck on his head but he dances anyway, making you laugh.

"We got the whole family! There goes Mimi, Cousin Boudreaux. Oh grandma, your light out!" Ray calls out, making grandma look at him questionably before clapping her hands,  her light turning on as she holds on to her crutch.

"We all gonnna pull together, down hill that's how we do! Me for them and them for me!" Rays family dances, waltzing or on their own, he looks down and frowns when he's sees you two in the dark, lost. He whistles and a group of fireflies light a path for you. The two of you smile at one another as you hop on each lily pad. "We all be there for you!"

"We're gonna take ya! We're gonna take ya! We're gonna take ya all the way there!" Louis speeds past you and Naveen, using his foot as a plank as the fireflies move him forward as a makeshift propeller before they let go and leave Louis in the water.
"We know where you're goin' and we goin' wit' you. Takin' you all the way!"

"Goin' down the bayou, goin', down the bayou goin' down the bayou. Takin' you all—" The fireflies fly past dandelions, the water droplets lighting up as they swerve in the trees, the three of you follow with big smiles, Louis tripping on a group and standing up again, seeing that he has a dress on. They fly off as Louis covers himself, laughing.

"Yeah, you know!" Ray shouts gleefully, him and his family spiraling towards the sky and exploding like fireworks, coming down again with more vigor, urging you guys to follow.

"Come on y'all! Keep that line flowin'  and the lights a-glowin'!" You laugh as Ray calls out, dancing in your spot on top of Louis as he follows.  "Yeah you're right!"
__________________
3rd P.O.V:

Dr. Facilier smiles at his friends, the masks glare at him as he takes off his hat. "Friends, I know I'm in hock to y'all pretty deep already, but it seems our little froggy prince lost his way and I need your generous assistance getting him back."

The masks growled deeply at him in annoyance as Facilier laughs. "I hear you! Now, what's in it for y'all?"

He reaches into his jacket and pulls out a puppet of La Bouff, grabbing a nearby needle and inching it closer to its heart. "Well, as soon as I dispose of Big Daddy La Bouff— and I'm running this town!"

Facilier waves his hand around, a map of the city of Orleans below his feet, chucking maliciously. "I'll have the entire city of New Orleans in the palm of my hand."

"And you'll have all the wayward souls your dark little hearts desire." He bows softly, the people turning into souls as they screech and shriek in dismay, the masks inhaling them and smile cruelly.

He laughs again. "Y'all love that, don't you? So we got ourselves a deal?"

The giant mask looks at the others, seeing their approval, it opens it maw and shadows are released as they shriek loudly, leaning themselves against the walls as Facilier laughs.

"Now were cooking! We're going to find ourselves a frog!" Facilier smirks before waving his arms around.

"Search everywhere! The Bayou, the quarter. Bring him to me alive." He glares, pointing his finger in the air. "I need his heart pumping. For now."

He throws his cane out, pointing to the door and slamming it against the floor. "Tout de suite!"

The shadows immediately leave, slipping under the door and the windows, shrieking as they slither in the city, splitting up as they jump the rooftops, climbing over lamp posts and doors.

They leave the pier, moving from the docks and across the water, devious smiles and smirks on their dark faces as they move toward the Bayou.

_______________
Note: *pokes head through door* Hey. Heyyy. How y'all doin??

It's been like a week or two and I'm sorry for that, school WiFi blocks everything so I can't exactly fix up a chapter.

So I'm just sitting in a classroom for FOUR HOURS and then just continuing on my day.

I think my exams start tomorrow so I'm gonna try and do what I can in the meantime!! School ends in about two-three weeks!! YAYY

I'm afraid I may have to put 'not too shabby' on hold because the internet sucks. It's a movie!!! Why do I have to have a subscription or pay for it if it's only one hour and a couple minutes?!??!

MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!!!! 😭😭😭

Also, have y'all seen The Mitchells vs. The Machines? That movie is freaking hilarious!! Definitely made my day!!!

That foot!rottmnt is definitely coming! Most likely after this book is finished, so some chapters will be made.👍🏽

I've had my rant. And I am finished. See you next chapterrr!!!✋🏽✋🏽✋🏽
______________
End Note: IF THERE IS ANY MISSPELLINGS OR MISSING WORDS LET ME KNOW❤️❤️❤️
Word count: 1283