29 - RISKY

for those of you who asked to get railed by anthony, your wish is my command 😌

MATURE CONTENT WARNING

-

Alora Lin

Alora Lin

I incessantly tapped my foot on the stone floor, leaning against the wall of an empty hallway as I waited for Anthony. I hadn't seen him all day, and it was our turn to patrol the corridors tonight.

Another ten minutes had passed before I finally heard hurried footsteps echoing down the hall.

"Sorry for being late, darling. I was caught up on an assignment."

"What was that?"

"I was working on an assignment," he declared once he had reached me.

"No, I mean why'd you call me 'darling'? You never call me that."

Anthony scratched the back of his neck nervously before chuckling, "You don't like the new nickname?"

"Oh, no no... I love it. It just threw me off a little bit," I admitted, feeling my face heat up.

A sideways smirk appeared on his face as he placed his hand on my lower back, leaning in to give me a kiss on the cheek. "Let's get going."

Intertwining his fingers with mine, Anthony led us down the hallway before descending a staircase. We patrolled one corridor after another, making sure no students were wandering around past curfew.

Before long, we had walked through nearly every hallway of the castle, including those in the towers and dungeons. Anthony and I were nearing the library's entrance when he opened the doors and pulled me in.

With all the candles unlit, the library had a foreboding essence to it. The fact that Halloween was nearing only made it creepier. I tightened my grip around Anthony's hand and nuzzled closer into the side of his body.

"Do we have to patrol the library? This place is creeping me out," my voice came out a quiet squeak as I clutched onto his muscular arm.

A deep, alluring chuckle reverberated from the base of his throat as he let go of my hand to wrap an arm around me, "Don't worry, I'll protect you."

We took our time examining the aisles. Padding along noiselessly, every corner we took sent a renewed wave of anxiety through me. I'd lurch back every now and then, mistaking my own shadow for some sort of monster about to tackle us.

"Okay, are we done now?" I asked warily once we had reached the restricted section.

"Not quite," Anthony spoke teasingly as he dragged me to the entrance of the restricted section. Tapping the lock with the tip of his wand, Anthony uttered "Alohamora" and waited for the clicking sound of the lock.

Once the lock had come undone, Anthony gently removed it from the door handle before dragging me into the restricted section. He closed the gate behind us and spun around to see me staring up at him in shock.