39 - FIREWORKS

Alora Lin

I stepped out of the shower, quickly drying myself off before slipping on some warm slippers and wrapping a towel around my body. After pampering myself with my five-step skincare routine, I turned away from the mirror and reached for the bathroom door handle.

I nearly slipped and fell on my ass when I saw someone laying on my bed. Gripping onto the doorframe for support, my pounding heart eventually calmed down when my eyes adjusted to the sight.

"Give me a warning next time, will you?"

"Seriously? No 'Draco, my love, I've missed you so much!' Or how about, 'Thank you for flying all the way to see me tonight!'" he gestured his arms animatedly.

I giggled into my hand, walking over to the edge of my bed to lean down and kiss his cheek, "Thank you for coming to see me tonight. I've missed you so much."

He pouted, crossing his arms over his chest before turning his head away from me, "You just copied what I said. That's not very believable."

I rolled my eyes, leaving him and his stubbornness behind as I walked over to my wardrobe. Unraveling the towel from my body and tossing it onto a nearby chair, I noticed in my periphery that Draco had done a double take. I was now standing completely naked before him, purposefully taking my time to rummage through my drawers in search of some undergarments.

Once I had located a bra, a pair of underwear, and my favorite pink silk pajama set, I began to dress. As I slipped on my panties, I looked over towards Draco to see that his lips were slightly parted. When he realized that I had caught him staring, he quickly sealed his lips and cleared his throat, adjusting his position on the bed.

After I had put on my lace bra and loose, silk tank top and shorts, I giddily ran over to the bed before jumping onto it. I immediately cuddled into Draco's side, allowing me to feel the vibrations of his laugh on his chest.

"Your hair's still wet," he groaned, trying to pry my head away from his chest to avoid me getting his hoodie wet.

I sat up, reaching over to my bedside table to grab my wand and cast a spell that dried all of my hair in an instant, "Better?"

"Yes," Draco grinned cheekily before lifting one of his arms, signaling that it was okay for me to snuggle back into his side again.

I rested my head on his chest and closed my eyes, having never felt more safe and peaceful than I do when I'm in Draco's arms.

"Hey," Draco, tapped my shoulder, breaking the silence.

"What?" I mumbled into his chest.

"Get up," he chuckled. "I have a Christmas present for you."

I sat up, "I thought we agreed on no Christmas presents!"

Draco raised his eyebrows, shrugging his shoulders, "I changed my mind."

Digging into his pocket, he pulled out a small box. My eyes widened, immediately recognizing the velvet black box. Before I could speak, Draco put a hand up, "Now, before you say anything. I want you to know that this isn't me trying to show off my wealth."

I pursed my lips, giving him a skeptical look, before ultimately deciding to let him continue.

"I just thought I would give this to you as a promise ring..." he spoke, prying the lid open to reveal an emerald ring. "... Because I'd like you to be my girlfriend."

I froze, staring at him in disbelief. Draco and I had practically been acting like a couple for the past two months, but hearing those words emerge from his lips still shocked me nonetheless.