38 - MINT

I honestly don't even know where to begin with the warnings for this chapter so all I'm gonna say is that what you're about to read is fifty shades of green 😌

LITERALLY THE MOST EXTREME MATURE CONTENT WARNING I'VE EVER GIVEN

-

Alora Lin

"I'd like to give a toast to Mr. Lin and his family," Lucius stated as he lifted a glass of bubbling alcohol. "Here's to the new year and to my new co-worker."

We all clinked our glasses. As Draco rose his glass to his lips, his piercing eyes burned into mine. He subtly winked before taking a gulp of his drink.

Surprisingly, my father was able to get Lucius a position in the Ministry. Tonight's Christmas Eve dinner at the Malfoy Manor was Lucius's attempt at thanking my father while rejoicing over the fact that he would finally be joining the Ministry upon the new year.

House elves ran back and forth, serving us appetizers and entrées and taking away our empty dishes afterwards. Eventually, dessert rolled around and the elves laid out an assortment of cakes for us.

My mother handed me a slice of chocolate cake, knowing that was my favorite. I gave her the biggest smile before diving into my mouth-watering dessert.

My parents fell into a conversation with Draco's parents once again, leaving Draco and I awkwardly making eye contact with each other every now and then. Given that our parents had no idea we've become rather good friends this past year, we had to put on an act.

But curse that boy for being so ridiculously handsome. It was making it all the more challenging for me to act like I despised him.

I had just set my fork down beside my plate when I felt Draco's stare burning into the side of my face. While our parents were deep in conversation, I glanced up to meet his gaze. The edges of his lips curled into the slightest smirk before returning to neutral.

With his hair styled perfectly to the side–not to mention his loosely fitted black suit–he was truly a devil in disguise.

His eyes trailed down my face before stopping at my cleavage, which was quite noticeable due to my low cut dress. Draco unconsciously bit his lip and diverted his eyes back to mine. He smiled to himself before looking down at his plate while shaking his head.

What a tease.

I inched to the edge of my seat, placing an elbow on the table and resting my chin on palm of my hand as I pretended to listen to my parents' conversation. But underneath the table, I was busy outstretching my leg.

My foot eventually brushed up against Draco's. Lifting my foot, I trailed my high heel up his leg, making sure to take my time. I noticed him shuffling in his seat out of the corner of my eye as I teasingly brushed his pants out of the way and grazed my high heel against his bare leg.

The sound of our parents' chairs scraping against the floor brought us out of our trance.

"Draco," Narcissa spoke. "Would you mind keeping Alora company? We have to settle some adult business before the Lin's depart for the night."

Draco gulped, nervously nodding as our parents walked out of the dining room.

I laughed into my hand, finding it adorable how easily he gets turned on.

Clearing his throat, Draco stood up from his seat, "We should go somewhere else. Let the house elves clean this up."

He waited for me to get up from my seat before circling around to head out the room. On my way out, I smiled at and thanked the house elves for the gracious meal. I almost had to jog to keep up with Draco whose long legs were making him walk at twice my speed.