8 - DESIRE

alright buckle your seatbelts because these next few chapters are probably some of my fav that I've ever written! also please keep in mind that in this story, they are 18 years old in year four, so without further ado... MATURE CONTENT WARNING ;)

-

Once Alora had slipped on a green, bodycon velvet dress, her and her friends snuck out of the Ravenclaw dorms and began their trek down to the Slytherin common room.

Upon returning from Hogsmeade, they had quickly stuffed down their dinner in the Great Hall before heading back to their rooms to get ready.

It was now eleven o'clock, and the five of them were sneaking their way down to the dungeons. It was a long journey, and with every corner they turned, their heartbeats would pick up in fear of being spotted by Filch or his cat. Their heart rates finally returned to normal when they halted in front of the entrance to the Slytherin dorms.

"Brilliant! Now all we have to do is wait for someone to enter or exit, and we're in," Marietta said.

They crouched behind a corner, peeking over it to keep an eye on the stone wall. Within a few minutes, a crack in the stone wall became visible, the door opened, and two people burst out of the common room.

Loud music suddenly flooded the hallways, and the reek of hard alcohol and marijuana drifted along as well. Alora and her friends quickly ducked into the shadows as the couple that had exited the common room ran past them.

A girl was giddily pulling a boy along with her, their fingers intertwined. "Come on! Let's find an empty classroom."

Alora scrunched up her face before muttering, "Disgusting."

"You're telling me you don't wanna hook up with a hot Slytherin boy tonight?" Padma asked, looking at Alora like she was crazy.

"I'd rather throw myself out a window than do anything of the sort," Alora retorted.

The five of them immediately darted from their hidden corner and ran towards the stone wall when the couple had finally gone out of sight. They made it just in time–before the door to the common room had closed–and were able to squeeze their way through the entrance.

Once they had all entered, the cool air of the corridor vanished, and they were suddenly engulfed in an environment that was warm and musty. Silhouettes danced within the massive room that was tinted green and permeated with smoke.

"Shit," Anthony exclaimed. "The Slytherins really know how to throw a party; I'll give them that."

Cho squealed from excitement before clasping her fingers around Alora's wrist and pulling her over to the drinks table. The two started pouring firewhisky shots before downing one after the other.

With Alora's back facing most of the common room and her being preoccupied with the warm feeling that spread throughout her stomach following every shot, she failed to notice the boy who had his eyes on her from the moment she stepped into the room.

Draco watched as she made her way onto the dance floor, running her fingers through her silky black hair. His eyes trailed down her body, which was nicely hugged by a tight velvet dress. He was so entranced by her elegance and beauty that he hadn't realized how much his breathing had quickened.

Without thinking, his feet began taking strides of their own accord. Seconds later, he found himself standing right behind her. His hands made their way around her waist, and his head fit perfectly in the crook of her neck.

Alora's body stiffened for a second before relaxing. She leaned back into his chest, a small smile spreading across her face as she tilted her head to one side, allowing Draco to lean down and plant light kisses down her neck. Her hand reached up and curled around the back of his neck, gently pulling him down because she wanted him even closer.