47 - NIGHTMARE

Alora Lin

I woke up to the feeling of someone tugging on my bedsheets. I blinked a few times, glancing out the window to see that the Great Lake was tinted dark green. There must be a few more hours until the sun rises.

I closed my eyes, trying to fall back asleep only for the duvet to be yanked off of me. I groaned, digging my face in the pillow as I tried to pull the sheets back over me.

Draco moves around a lot in his sleep, and it's usually because he frequently has wet dreams. It isn't out of the ordinary for me to wake up in the middle of the night to sounds of him moaning my name or pressing his bulge against my ass.

I exhaled deeply, trying to block out the sounds of his whimpers as I tried to get back to sleep.

Once I had entered a state of drowsiness, I was immediately alerted awake when I heard the sound of a faint cry followed by ragged breaths.

I furrowed my brows, rolling over to see Draco covered in sweat and his face scrunched up in distress.

"Draco?" I questioned, scooting to his side and putting my hand on his shoulder.

"Alora," he spoke in his sleep, thrashing around as if he was trying to reach out to me and pull me back into his arms.

"Draco!" I raised my voice, shaking his shoulders to try and wake him up from his nightmare.

"P-Please," he sobbed. "Don't leave me."

"Draco, wake up," I brought my lips closer to his ear, lightly patting him on his cheek before he finally jolted awake.

He sat up, trying to regain his breath as his chest heaved rapidly. Locks of his hair stuck to his forehead, and sweat beaded his bare chest.

"Draco," I muttered, placing my hand on his upper arm.

He glanced over his shoulder, gazing down at me with quivering eyes, "You're here..." He breathed out a sigh of relief, "I thought I'd lost you."

He threw himself on top of me, wrapping his arms around my waist as he dug his face into the crook of my neck. I felt trails of tears run down my shoulders as he sobbed, making the most gut-wrenching cries I had ever heard.

"You didn't lose me. I'm right here, love," I spoke in a comforting voice. I ran one hand through his hair and used my other hand to draw circles into his back as an attempt to soothe him. 

I don't think I've ever seen Draco break down like this, and I surely don't want to see it happen again.

"P-Please don't leave me," he blurted out in between sobs. He was starting to hiccup at this point, and his usual deep and confident voice came out weak and muffled against my chest, "I don't know what I'd do without you."

I couldn't imagine what could have possibly happened to me in his nightmare for him to have this sort of response. I held him closer to me, tightening my grasp on him as I leaned down to place a lingering kiss on the top of his head, "I won't leave you, Draco. I promise." 

We stayed in that position until his sobs turned into sniffles. I rubbed my thumb along his back as I waited for his ragged breaths to calm down. Draco would occasionally shift around, snuggling his head further into my chest or tightening his grip around my waist. His tears and sweat had soaked my shirt. I was sure he and I were in too much discomfort to be able to fall back asleep.

"Hey," I uttered, placing my finger under his chin to make him look up towards me. "Let's take a shower together."

I gently sat up, urging him to do the same. Lifting the duvet, I let him climb off the bed first before I followed. Taking his hand in mine, I led the two of us to his bathroom.