31 - SWEET

Alora Lin

I opened my eyes, expecting to squint against the bright sunlight streaming in through my bedroom windows. Instead, I found myself in a room with a darkish green tint.

I scrunched up the bedsheets, pulling them up to my face to see that they were now emerald green instead of sky blue.

Furrowing my brows, I sat up from the bed and scanned the room. Realization hit when I spotted Draco curled up on the couch; his mouth was slightly agape as soft snores streamed from his lips.

A small smile tugged at the corners of my mouth as I got out of bed. I was still wearing the blue silk pajama robe that I had slipped on last night. Retying the straps around my waist, I entered Draco's bathroom and braced myself for what I was about to see in the mirror.

The reflection staring back at me almost seemed foreign. Her under eyes were swollen and red, her cheeks were dried and irritated from all the crying, and her black hair was a tangled mess.

I sighed, rummaging through Draco's drawers in search of a brand new toothbrush and some face wash. 

Once I had brushed my teeth, combed my hair, and washed the remains of dried up tears off my face, I decided that I looked relatively presentable. Stepping back into the room, I perched on the edge of the bed.

I contemplated scurrying out of Draco's dorm before he woke up, but then I decided against it. If I left, I knew I'd have to return to my room to get changed, and that would risk me running into Anthony.

And I never thought I'd say this, but I'd rather be here with Draco than anywhere with Anthony.

Minutes later, I heard some shuffling across the room and looked up to see Draco rubbing his eyes as he sat up from the couch. "Sleep well?" his morning voice came out raspy and deep.

"Yeah," I replied quietly.

He nodded in response, pushing himself off the couch before making his way to the bathroom.

Draco's sudden and unexpected kindness was a little bizarre. Given all that's happened, I couldn't help but think that he had some ulterior motive to all of this.

Once Draco had exited the bathroom, he started heading towards his wardrobe when he noticed me gazing at him. "What?" he chuckled lowly.

"Nothing," I blinked, trying to piece together my thoughts. "You're just acting like a different person, and it's creeping me out."

He laughed, stripping off his white t-shirt as he rummaged around his drawers for a new shirt. His back was facing me, giving me a clear view of his back muscles clenching every time he moved. "Is it that strange for me to be nice?"

"Yeah, sort of," I admitted as I watched him slip on a black button-up.

Upon getting dressed into his black suit, Draco whirled around and ambled over to the bed. He plopped down on the opposite side, leaning back against one of the posts of his four-poster bed while I sat near his headboard.

"You wanna tell me what happened last night?" he asked tentatively.

I pursed my lips and glanced down at my lap to avoid making eye contact with him, "Anthony cheated on me."

Peeking up, I noticed a smirk tugging at his lips, causing me to roll my eyes, "You can smile if you want. I know you've always hated him."

He laughed, breaking out into a full grin as he lifted his head to gaze into my eyes, "I knew there was something off with the guy."

"Yeah, whatever," I scoffed.

Draco never tore his eyes off of me as I brought a pillow closer and laid down on my side, facing him.