45. 𝕃𝕆𝕆𝕂 𝕀𝕋 𝕌ℙ

song: oh no! by marina and the diamonds

Jaxs:" What are you talking about?..Y-you know what?, forget that. I need to go do some research."
He moved to walk away but i grabbed his arm with a frown on my face.

"Research about what?"
I asked him, releasing him.

"About Kai, "babe."
He replied, mocking Kai.

"Why?"
I asked, calmly by i was freaking out inside. If he search for Kai, a 22 man from 1994, missing after his family was masacred is going to pop up.

Jaxs:" Well, i just want to make sure that no a weird psycho man is working with you."
He walked away.

That's not good.. I need to go find Kai!.

I ran toward the investigation room, leaving my pop in the machine. I opened the door and saw Kai sitting there with Shaun's binder in his hand.

I peak toward the one way mirror on the wall and then back to him.

"Can i talk to you for a sec?".
I asked, my voice quite shaky with worry.

Kai:" Go ahead, Cupcake."
He replied, looking at me with a smile. He didn't pick the tone i used.

"In private. Somewhere else"
I said, my voice shaking more. I didn't know it someone could be behind the mirror. I didn't want to take any risk.

He placed the binder on the table before swiftly getting to his feet and marching to me. He closed the door behind him.

Kai:" What's up?"
He asked, leaning on his knees to get to my level.

"Jaxs. He's about to look you up."
I said.

Kai:" OK? I mean its not that special, i'm on twitter too, CobraKai1972. You should follow me."
He smiled.

I scoffed.

"I mean, he is going to find that you have been missing since 1994 and that you haven't age a day."
I whispered yelled.

Kai:" Oh..... Don't worry about that. I will fix it, alright?"
He asked but it sounded more like a statement.

I nodded and looked at him. He was so calm that it made me feel things. His face was relaxed, his stubble adorning his face. He looked more mature from the lovely boyish face i met in the prison world. His black t-shirt tight around his built body. His veins showed off more.

Kai cleared his throat and i suck in a breath while i looked up at him

He grinned at me.
Kai:" Were you checking me out?"
He asked.

"No. Why?"
I ginned back.

Kai:" You were totally checking me out."
He concluded before walking away toward jaxs's desk with the same stupid and goofy smile on his face.

He is a big boy, he can handle himself.

I was about to open the door to the investigation room but the rough voice of O'Connir spoke from behind me.

O'Connor:" Fernandez, can i have a word with you in my office?"
I jumped slightly as i was caught off guard.

I nodded and followed him to his bureau.

He signalled me to take a seat and i did. He locked the door and closed his blinds. I rose my eyebrows in confusing as i watched him walk smoothly toward his chair. He cuffed his black sleeves as he sat down.

He looked up at me with a crooked smile on his face.
O'Connor:" How are you detective?"
He asked, fixing the papers on his desk and dismissing big binders on the ground.

I frowned deeper but went with the flow.
"I'm good, how about you?."
I asked, politely.

He joined his hand together and placed his elbows on his desk. He smiled.
O'Connor:" Good. I'm about to ask you for something personal but if you feel uncomfortable doing it, you can refuse, i won't be angry. Kay?"
He asked and waited for my response.

What type of personal question and why would i feel uncomfortable?

I nodded and carried on.
O'Connor:" I'm a little bit embarrassed to ask you this but here goes nothing. Maricruz, would you go on a date with me."

My eyes nearly popped out of my head and i had to pick up jaw from the floor.

We just met a few days ago and he is already asking me out.

What about Kai?

"I'm not burned by thing like guilt or love".

His words traveled in my head and yet my lips move to say no.

He was very handsome and he looked very intelligent but it didn't feel right.

"I'm sorry but i can't."
I whispered. I watched him study me with his lips in a thin line.

He smiled meakly at me and nodded.

O'Connor:" It's alright, detective. I am not angry, it's OK."
He replied, his face just as soft but something flashed in his blue eyes. I didn't take notice.

"I will leave now. I'm very sorry, sir. Really."
I rambled as i left the room.

I made my walk back to the investigation room with confusion.

°°°

As soon as Cruz left his office, Damien scoffed before pulling out his phone from his pocket, dialing a number and placing in near his ear.

He looked at the blue binder on his desk, the one, he hastily hide when she came in. A big binder only dedicated to her.

He opened it, his blue eyes gazing over her informations. His finger traced her picture. He should have known that it was too soon to ask her out, i mean, he knows her longer than she knows him.

The man on the other line picked up," How did it go, son?". The man asked.

Damien sighed.
Damien: " No. We need to do something before things starts to go south, dad."

END

END

OF

CHAPTER 45
---------------------

a/n

any ideas on who damien might be?
see y'all ( ˘ ³˘)♥