59. 𝕎ℍ𝔼ℝ𝔼 𝕀𝕊 𝕄𝕐 𝔹𝔸ℂ𝕂 𝕌ℙ 𝕋𝔼𝔸𝕄?

triple update, read 57 & 58

song: mr. brightside by the killers

WE SAT in an undercover police car outside an ambandonned warhouse. I had backup waiting if anything goes wrong.

We had a bag filled with the sum of money that the kidnappers asked for.

"You were amazing today."
I told Kai.

"You're a natural."
I continued.

Kai:" Thanks baby."
He smiled and pulled down my lip with his fore finger.

"Keep your distance chico or else they are going to figure out we are together...."
I trailed off as i stared near the entrance.

Kai:" I'm already regretting that."
He whine.

There was a man running toward the entrance with duffle bag. It was Alex. He was let go, how did he know?

"I'm going in."
I said, grabbing my hand from my holster.

Kai:" I'm coming with ya."
He replied as we got out of the car.

I grabbed his hand in one of my hands and ran carefully into the ware house.

It was all dark and it smelled very musty. We ducked behind the dust covered furniture until we heard voices.

One of the voices being Alex.

He's stupid. Why would he do that?!

I looked behind the furniture and saw a guy in a black hoodie and....

"Stay put, thefucker has a gun- Kai?.. Kai?!"

I stopped mid-sentence when I noticed that Kai wasn't next to me anymore. I called out to him in the most hushed down voice possible but I heard no response.

Talking about stupid.

Kai:" Hiya, Mr Kidnapper. I'm Kai, We talked on the phone, remember?" I heard him talk and my eyes opened wide. I turned around and point my gun toward the masked kidnapper, just in case he tried to shoot Kai or Alex.

Well this is going very well.

The kidnapper was clearly startled by Kai's sudden appearance. His hands trembled a well as the gun, no skin could be seen from the all black outfits and it was a store bought mask. If something goes down and we lose him, we could check the cameras of the shops that sells them. I took out my phone and text the backup team as I could call them, I told them to come in slowly and quietly.