56. 𝕋ℍ𝔼 𝕂𝕀ℕ𝔾𝕊

song: Mayores by Becky G & bad bunny

I GOT ON MY FEET, feeling all my emotions mixing in my heart as well as in my head. This has to be a very bad joke. It is impossible. I healed her, I destroyed the cancer, she was fine. How did that happen?

"I-I have to go see Care."
I walked toward the door on my trembling legs after snatching my hand from his. A salty tear fell from my eye, trailling down my cheek.

I felthands trapping my hips and pulling me back. Kai turned me around to face him and his expression soften when his eyes scanned my face. He cupped my cheeks and he leaned his face closer to mine while tears poured from eyes non-stop.

Kai:" I don't think it's a good idea, Cupcake... "
He cooed softly, wiping my tears with his thumbs. I frown and bit down my trembling bottom lip.

"What do you mean?"
I said slowly, so as not to stuttered.

Kai:" Caroline kinda wants to kill you because she thinks that you are the reason why her mother is gone."
He cringed and my heart cracked, she thinks, I killed her mother?

Kai:" Hey.." He called out softly to me. Kai:" We have a case and I want you to make it your number one priority, Okay?"
He said and something about the way he said it made it like I had no other choice but to agree with him.

"Okay."
I nodded while he wiped my face gently with the sleeve of his shirt.

" Um- you said that you knew what is going on with me."
I breath through my nose, trying to calm my self down.

Kai:" It can wait.."
He rubbed his fingers through my hair.

Kai:" Now, Let's go cap some bad guys."
He took a step back, removing his hands from my face.

" We don't cap people, Kai."

°°°

Kai walked toward the door and followed behind him. After Kai told to me about focusing on the case made me feel better and light.

Kai stopped in his walk and turned on his heels, almost smashing my face in his chest.

Kai:" Also, I think we should keep "us" down for a while, don't you think?"
He asked. It is very good idea indeed, My friends would freak out and the people here would get the wrong ideas.

" Sounds like a good idea."
I nodded with a tiny smile, Kai quickly leaned down and placed haste kiss on my cheek.

"Alex Montonio, the founder of "KINGS", which is a sort of club for "playboys". Alex organises meetings all over Nevada and Virginia to teach the "art of flirting" as he calls it to the thousands of members."
I said as I turned a corner in my car with Kai in the passenger seat, P.S when O'Connor said that I would be working with him, he meant none of it but I couldn't care less.