1. DON'T WORRY

[Heather on top]

"Out of the way, get out before I take you with me!" I yelled stumbling over my own two left feet as I got out of the girl's bathroom. "Blonde incoming, I repeat blonde incoming!"

People stared at me as I rushed to my locker or to the nearest exit, although this was normal behavior for me and this tend to happen in school, as usual I was creating a lot of trouble. Now why would I Alexandra Stoneheart cause such a commotion in the school hallways? Its simple, Heather the school's it girl and the biggest bully in town was after me. Now why should that girl be after me? Well, my life was like this every single day: being bullied, being ignored by pretty much everybody, and being the nerd of the school, but most importantly being the number one target of Heather's rage.

I made my way to the locker safe and sound but before I could even relax and call it a victory, a successful escape style 007 as I liked to imagine I was so sly with my escapes, I felt someone grabbing my neck.

"Look Bitch!" It was Heather again, her loud voice making me wince as I already anticipated the worse. "Don't you move and listen to me carefully."

How did she find me? I was faster than her after all I had my trusty old chucks while she wore 5 inch Prada heels.

"If you ever get in my way again I'll kill you, I won't hesitate on making your life miserable. And if you ever mention a word to anybody about what you heard in the bathroom consider yourself dead meat, if you say a word you're dead." Heather said between her teeth as she pushed me and smacked my head against the locker twice.

I tried to hold back my tears, to not really let it get to me and ignored the laughter of my fellow classmates that were watching the little affection Heather was giving me.

"I won't." I whimpered as my voice trembled as she pushed me again this time after I bounced off the lockers I lost my balance and ended in the floor.

"You're just a stupid pig, a pathetic fat pig." Heather said throwing her head back laughing before she kicked one of my legs to the side giving me a disgusted look, all while I tried to gather enough strength and courage to not start crying there, I would not give her that satisfaction to let her see how broken I truly was, how she would make me hit rock bottom immediately and make me feel completely worthless.

Heather perfectly knew that I was not fat as she usually called me, throughout my life I had always opted to wear baggy clothes, large oversized sweaters, band tees, baggy jeans and all, I have always hated to call attention, to be criticized by my looks and not for who I truly am, I was not like Heather who loved the fact that men would stare at her as if she was some exotic treat or the sweetest candy, I did not like to be looked like I was some prize to be claimed.

I got up from the floor slowly trying to ignore the pounding pain from the back of my head and open my locker, I took my pre-calculus book out of my locker. I told you I was a nerd; I was taking pre-calculus in my freshman year while most of my classes were either Honors or Advanced Placement.

But that happens when you have a father who teaches in College, you got to be smart especially when he expects you to always have a good grade card.

"Hey Alex, what are you up to?" I heard someone say next to my locker nearly making me jump startled given the fact that I was so lost in my own thoughts. "You got something planned for this afternoon or are you staying in your room playing COD? Or are you doing nothing as the boring person you tend to be?"

I looked up to find my best friend Ian looking down at me, Ian was my best friend since the first grade when Heather had stolen my peanut butter and jelly sandwich, I started to cry for my lost lunch and Ian came over and gave me half of his sandwich, his Nutella sandwich and since that day we had always been together but we still knew each other since we were babies but this had somehow brought us closer. Ian was 5'9 feet tall, he had light brown hair and blue eyes but he also had big glasses that cover them just like mine, also he had some acne spread in most of his face, something we all struggled with. He was also a nerd so at least I wasn't completely alone and you might say it was a good thing; well it was I mean I had someone who understood what I went through mostly every day but also the negative thing about it was that we were both big targets off all the bullies in the school especially Heather and some of the jocks in school.

She would always find a way to make us both miserable at the same time; I mean she knew that by hurting Ian she would hurt me.

But I also believe that she had it out for Ian because one day she thought that Ian and I had a thing, Heather tried to take him away from me by flirting with Ian but man she did not expect Ian to turn her down.

Just a flat big no to her proposal, he didn't want her.

And I had to admit it; I mean, come on, who wouldn't enjoy that?

Seeing the most popular girl of school get turn down by the geek?

Then it got worse.

Heather made sure that the jocks beat up Ian, he nearly fell into a coma and had spent several days in the hospital, no matter what we said Ian stuck to the story that he had been mugged, but I knew better, I saw how jumpy and nervous Ian was whenever the jocks got near us, he refused to walk home like we used to every day, instead he had his mother pick us up.

I knew that it had been the guys but I didn't say anything, I knew that there was a reason why Ian was keeping his silence, if they had threatened him the best I could do was to not ask any questions and take good care of him, and I did.

Just like the good friend I was, I would stay by his side if he needed me and I needed him.

"Hey Ian, I'm doing nothing." I said as I gave him a fake smile trying to dry my tears. "And I am not boring no matter what you say.

"Was it another attack?" Ian asked as he stared at my eyes, he lifted my chin so I could meet his gaze. "Was it Heather?"

I nodded as I tried to not cry, I hated how easily Ian could see through me, he knew so well that there was no point on trying to keep secrets from him.

"Don't worry." Ian said trying to cheer me up as he casually put his arm over my shoulder. "You don't have to worry Alex, everything will one day get better to the point that we will look back and see that this was what made us stronger."

"You always say that." I said as I walked with him heading towards our class. "Yet nothing changes, I am tired of this Ian yet I can't find the strength nor the solution to make everything stop."

"Alex, thing will get better one day just trust me on this one, okay?" Ian said as he smiled at me. "It will, just trust me on this one, okay?"

"Sure, when don't I trust you?" I said as we enter our class and Ian chuckled.

Whenever I was with Ian I knew for a fact that I was safe, even if we were both bullied, like I said earlier I wasn't alone. He understood my pain.

He understood me.

But even then, I bet Ian didn't have no idea what was waiting for us, but then again nobody knew. Until that day when everything changed, my whole life became undone, everything I once knew and once had crumbled down, no one saw it coming.

No one could've even imagine it.

And it doesn't matter how many times I wish it was different because I can't go back, no matter how many times I close my eyes and try to see something better, to be in my haven, I can still hear the laughter, I can feel my tears, everything that made me scream and wish that it would all stop at once.

I could still feel the pain...