26. NOT FAIR

"Stop making that face Alex, it won't change anything." Andres said as I groaned and crossed my arms. "That won't fix your leg."

"This is not fair! We all know here that Heather did this on purpose so she can have the main role for the musical." I said as I pouted and groaned again. "I hate her."

"Dad, do you think you can make the doctor sedate her again?" Andres asked him. "Just for a little while more or maybe stitch up her mouth? Now that would work."

"It's not funny Andres. I was actually looking forward for the play." I said as I glared at him. "I was actually having a lot of fun with it."

Maggie entered the room and looked at me.

"What did she said?" I asked her. "What did the teacher say about all of this?"

"The director of the play said that she was deeply sorry for this incident but that given the circumstances Heather as your understudy will be Alyssa in the musical." Maggie said with a sight. "Nothing can change the fact you won't be able to perform."

"But I wanted this so bad." I said as I tried to sit up. "I wanted to be in the play."

"Honey I don't recommend you to do that." My dad said stopping me. "You don't want to hurt yourself more."

"I'm fine." I said as I smiled at him. "I can handle it."

The doctor entered to the room followed by Ian, even though he was mad at me he had made everything to the side.

He was a real friend after all.

"Ms. Stoneheart, the results came and you will be able to walk and take off the cast in twelve weeks, fifteen at the most." The doctor said. "I'm sorry for that."

"Twelve weeks? But the musical is in three days and the cheerleader tournaments are in two weeks!" I said.

"I'm sorry but this leg isn't going to walk for eight weeks by without the crutches much less perform." The doctor said. "And you better not unless you don't want to heal properly."

After a while everyone left leaving Ian in the room alone with me.

"Just say it." I said after a few minutes of silence. "Go ahead Ian, just do it."

"Say what?" He asked me confused. "What do you want me to say?"

"Just tell me, I told you so." I said with a sight. "Say that you warned me from the very beginning."

"Even if it would feel nice to rub it in your face I can't do it in this situation. Just take this a sign." Ian told me in a calm voice. "Think about it."

"A sign of what exactly? That Heather is a bitch and she will always be one."I asked him. "That she doesn't know what the word limit means?"

He smiled.

"No, that maybe you shouldn't have been in the musical in the first place. You like to sing and play your guitar so why don't you do that?" Ian asked me. "Just do that and stop being something you're not, you're not a fake."

"But in the musical I was going to do exactly that, sing and rock out." I said in a small voice. "I wasn't faking that."

"But they were fake songs the same ones we used to call plastic pop. Why don't you sing the songs you are used to, the songs that show your feelings and your dreams." Ian told me. "Those types of songs really do matter."

"But I don't have anything right now; I was so concentrated with payback that I didn't write anything." I said sadly. "I got so absorbed that I forgot about being myself."