19. TRY OUTS

[Maggie on top]

"So will you talk now or do I have to wait another 30 minutes?" The principal said as I looked down at my black jeans and black shirt. "I do not have all day for you two."

I stayed quiet and shrugged before I decided to speak up.

"I have nothing to say." I said in my French accent. "I believe my actions were justified already."

"She attacked me!" Heather said as she glared at me. "She hit me!"

"After you did, you attacked first." I said as I looked back at her. "You were the one that started after all."

"This should disserve an expulsion; a student cannot hit another one without being expulsed." Heather said mad as she shook her head.

"Have you ever been expulsed?" I asked Heather with a smirk. "Has that ever happened to you?"

"Of course I have never been expelled." Heather said with a grin. "And I intent for it to stay that way, my daddy will make sure."

"Then I don't understand. I have seen you threat and hit other students. So why are you still here?" I asked her as I placed my fist under my chin. "There rules do apply to EVERYONE, right?"

"Okay, ladies will you just apologize to each other?" The principal said as he looked at a newspaper. "I really don't get paid enough for this."

Well, my apologizes for interrupting you very busy time Mr. Principal.

He had better things as for example flirting with his blonde secretary.

Really she made us blonde look real bad.

"Why should I lie? I'm not sorry at all." I said as I got out of the office. "I'll see you for round two soon Heather."

With that I winked and left hearing Heather huff in annoyance.

I got to my locker and grabbed my gym bag, phase one was done now I had to start phase two.

"You will have to practice every afternoon in the gym, field house or football field. You are expected to come to every single football game and every practice." The coach said as she looked at all of us. "There are no excuses for missing."

Everyone nodded meanwhile I just sat there bored.

When did the good stuff started?

"Now, for the try outs I want you to do some flips, car wheels, back flips. Some stunts with the other cheerleader to see how we can place you to the team." The coach said as she eyed us curiously. "You will have to show us if you have what it takes, you have to show spirit."

Most of the girls started to practice with the cheerleaders and I just sat there in the bleachers waiting for her to enter.

She entered ten minutes late, with a bruise in her face half covered with makeup and Brad.

"What is she doing here?" Heather asked the coach. "Who let this idiot come in here?"

I could tell that my merely presence pissed her off.

I wonder what Heather would do once she found out why I was here.

"I came to try out." I said as I got up. "I want to be in the squad."

"She can't enter the team." Heather said as she looked at the coach. "And she won't."

"We don't know that yet. She still has to pass the routine with you." The coach said. "She has to show us if she's good enough."