12. WE ALL KEEP SECRETS

Blake slowly helped me play the melody and in two hours I was able to play it by myself.

So much for the help I was getting of Blake, I wanted him to touch my hands for longer.

Was that bad?

"This is a beautiful song. What's the name of it?" I asked once I finished playing it.

"It's Moonlight Sonata." Blake said as he smiled at me.

"Why is it call like that?" I asked suddenly curious.

"The person that wrote it would constantly think of the Paris moon he saw when he was in the long walks he had with his father as a boy, he would think that the moon was very beautiful because it was rare and unique. The moon was often alone in the night and there was nothing that he could assimilate it to, thinking that all the weird things that moon posed were the main things that made it beautiful, the man decided to write a song that reminded the beauty that Paris would have under the moonlight and more on those lonely nights when it was only the moon that accompany the man." Blake said explain in wise words.

"Really, is that so?" I said as I stared at his blue-gray eyes.

I was lost already; he had me under his spell.

"I think or it was something like that." Blake said as he stared at my eyes. "I don't know maybe I made it up to impress you."

I tried to look away from him but he grabbed my hand.

"There is something bothering you." He said. "What is it?"

"I guess all of this is weird. I mean being here before summer after seven years." I said as I gave a sight. "It's odd."

"I don't know why you stop coming here but I'm glad that you are here. Last time you left I had something important to tell you, I-." Blake started to say but he was cut of.

Not by me but by my brother.

"Alex, mom wants to talk to you." Andres said interrupting Blake. "She's in her room."

"I'll be back." I told Blake before I followed Andres. "Why does she want me?"

I looked at Andres confused.

Something was off.

"You have to talk to her." Andres simply said with a shrug. "She'll explain."

"About what do I have to talk to her?" I asked as I stared at him. "Why can't you tell me about it?"

"Just go Alex." Andres said. "Mom will tell you everything."

His eyes were red and his voice was cracking.

"Andres, you were crying. What's wrong?" I asked. "What happened because now you're scaring me, tell me."

"Please just go." Andres said. "Just go Alex."

I made my way to were my mom was staying and entered the room, my mom was sitting down in the bed and she smiled when she saw me.

Nothing seemed wrong so why was Andres crying.

Why did I feel like crying too?

"Mom, what's wrong?" I asked. "I saw my brother crying."

"Please sit down Alex." My mom said. "I have something to tell you."

I sat down and my mom immediately held my hand, this was bad.

"I saw Andres crying, why was he crying?" I asked her again. "I'm scared."

"Look Alex I understand that you had that secret about what happed to you at school." My mom told me as she gave me a small smile.

"What? What does this have to do with Andres crying?" I asked her confused.

This was supposed to make Andres angry like the first time he found out.

He wasn't supposed to cry.

I hadn't seen Andres cry in years.

"We all keep secrets." She said. "It's sometimes the best for everyone else."

"What are you trying to say?" I asked her confused. "Who kept a secret?"

"I did, I kept a secret from you and Andres." My mom told me with a sad smile. "I didn't know how to tell you so I didn't."

"What's wrong?" I asked afraid. "What's wrong momma?"

I hadn't called her that since I was little but now I fear the worse.

"Alex, I have Leukemia." My mom told me as she met my gaze. "And there's no way back now."

No, not her.