16. I'M BACK BITCHES

"Promise you're going to text, call, write or Skype me." Nina said as she hugged me for the hundredth time. "Just promise it Alex that you'll do it."

"I promise." I said smiling, Nina was just like my sister and the past years we had grew so close, I knew for a fact that I was going to miss her. "I will call you every night if I have to."

I was going to miss my other half, my little Nina; sometimes I think we were meant to be sisters instead of being cousins.

She was the one who made me grow a thicker skin; I was somehow who I was because of her.

Blake smiled at me as I got near, this time saying goodbye was easy.

I knew that one day I would be back and this time I wasn't running away.

"Promise me that you're going to take care of yourself." Blake said as he hugged me.

"Of course I will, I always do." I said as I smiled at me. "When haven't I?"

"Alex last time you came from U.S.A you were bullied by a lot of people and you were wearing crutches ." Blake said giving me a disapproving look. "You have to be careful."

"Yes, but that is going to change it's the principle reason why I'm going there." I said as I dismissed his worries. "I'm no longer that naïve fourteen year old, I'm seventeen and I know what I'm doing and hey once I leave make sure to ask Nina out, she loves daises."

So after saying are fare wells and crying that mostly came from Nina and me, my dad, Andres and I boarded the plane.

I was ready to face my fear once and for all.

The whole way there I was staring at the window waiting to see the town and yes I know I can't really see the city right now since we had been flying for only two hours. But I was really anxious of seeing my home, the school and of course Ian. I was worried of how he could react since I left with pretty much no explanation and he also begged me to not to leave but I had ignored him, also when I was with Brad I had pretty much ignored him and threw him out of my heart. Could our friendship survive this big storm that was barely fading away? And of course I was wondering if he had changed, would he still be that little nerd with black hair and blue eyes that were normally hidden behind those huge glasses just like mine?

Would he still want to talk to me?

To even look at me in the eyes, I missed him and I knew I would die if he hated me.

After a few minutes of constant wondering and thinking I fell asleep, as the past days like always I would dream about my mother. In my dream she was alive and healthy, we would be in her favorite place were she would be surrounded by all our family. I would sit in front of my mother and stare at her blue eyes that somehow hold a secret that was full of sadness. My mom opened her mouth to warn me about something but I was awoken by my brother Andres.

"We're here." Andres said as he softly shook me awake. "We're back, Alex."

As soon as I got off the plane I could feel the normal humid air around me, we soon got to the car and on our way to the house I stared off to the forest, it was going to be odd to get used to see trees everywhere instead of the beautiful French architecture that flooded every corner of the Bella France, when we got home I saw that it has changed a lot. Andres and I exchanged confused looks and then my father answered.

"It was Eddy." My dad said. "He took this as a thank you since he didn't have to pay for rent."

Of course it would be him that was the most logical explanation.