35; For All Eternity

Context: I felt like giving them a "wedding" of some kind, that's all.

Marriage had been created for the humans. Aziraphale and Crowley were, quite obviously, not humans. Though, that had never stopped them from indulging in human customs before.

Word Count: 2,000

_____

Logically speaking, an angel and a demon shouldn't need to get married. As supernatural entities, this type of union should've been the last thing on their minds. But, considering neither one of them quite fit in with their respective sides, perhaps it made perfect sense that they identified a bit more as human for some things. Immortal beings had no reason to eat, sleep, read, listen to music, dance, etc., but here they were, enjoying all these little pleasures without a second thought. With that, the angel figured 'Why not?' and that's how he found himself in a jewelry store a few blocks away from his bookshop.

"How may we help you today, Mr. Fell?" Asked the owner as she walked around the counter.

Aziraphale looked up and gave her a bright smile. "Oh, hello Ms. Jones. Didn't expect to see you here today. I assumed I'd get your assistant."

Alison Jones and Aziraphale had met a number of years ago during a storm. It had only been heavy rain at first, but once the wind started to pick up and blew away Aziraphale's umbrella, she ushered him and a few others into her jewelry store to wait it out. She was incredibly nice and interesting. If there was anyone Aziraphale would willingly sell a book to, it'd most likely be her. She was as immaculate as anything, both in her shop and the flat she lived in upstairs. He had been here on many days he decided not to open and she had done the exact same. Their chaotic opening hours is definitely the first thing they learned they had in common. They became fast friends after that.

"Well, I had planned on leaving Gregory in charge for the rest of the day. But now I'm curious. What are you searching for, dear lad?"

A tiny smile tugged at Aziraphale's lips. "Wedding bands."

Alison cooed and clapped. "Finally asking that pretty redhead to take the plunge with you?" She asked, excitedly.

"Yes, I am. Terribly nervous about it." Admitted the angel.

Alison gently swatted at his shoulder. "Oh, come now! There's no way he'll say 'no'! He's head over heels for you! You've seen how he stares at you!"

"Oh, I know that. I'm referring to the ring choice. He has a very particular style. I don't know if I can pick something I'll love and match his aesthetic."

She rolled her eyes at him. "Dear, he'd wear a rubber band if that was all you had. But if you're that worried, get him two. One with whatever design you like and a black one to match his wardrobe."

Aziraphale gave her a cheeky smirk. "I see you're not missing the chance to seek three bands instead of just two."

"Businesswoman through and through, Aziraphale. You can't be too shocked. Plus, you'd get a discount." She assured him.

"I should hope so. I've doubled as your therapist and drinking buddy for several years now."

"And my assistant on some days, as well."

"Sizable discount, then?" He asked, in a joking manner, though he knew she was serious. He'd make sure to give her the proper amount once she wasn't looking at the check.

She then began pushing him towards the newest rings from her collection. "Very much so. Come on, let's see what we find you."

Between actually looking and stopping to gossip about the neighboring businesses, the angel finally settled on a pair of wedding bands he adored. He left the jewelry store with a spring in his step. Now all that was left was to ask Crowley to marry him.