40; Mine

Context: I wrote this ineffable wives AU after being inspired by a couple of ineffable choker necklaces I bought from "CrystalTartDesigns" on Etsy. Yes, I'm being serious.

Crowley is a bit protective. And jealous. Always has been, always will be. Aziraphale had liked it, to a certain extent. This time, however, she found it a bit ridiculous. Once she caught on, that is.

Word Count: 2,200

_____

The main thing Aziraphale loved the most about the world not ending and basically being fired, was that she was free to do whatever she pleased, with no need to worry about getting in trouble because of it. She never quite realized how afraid and restrained she had been in Heaven. Now? Now, she refused to not do anything she thought would make her happy. That included, but was not limited to, being out and about with Crowley. As well as being more honest with her about her feelings. And the demon definitely agreed with that sentiment, confessing as well, taking her everywhere she wanted to go and buying her anything she stared at for too long. Crowley's only issue was: it wasn't just Aziraphale doing the staring.

This wasn't any new information. After all, Aziraphale had always had a lovely corporation. Curvy, chubby, short, soft, perfect in every way, as far as the demon was concerned. Said perfection would tend to get a lot of attention from the mortals they lived among. For 6,000 years, she had mostly ignored it, knowing there wasn't much she could do about it. But now? If Crowley caught you staring at her angel for too long, something bad will, almost certainly, happen to you. Just yesterday, some bloke was rubbernecking like a damn cartoon. If Crowley hadn't made him trip into a pile of garbage, she's sure he would've started drooling! She had gotten scolded for it, but she'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Of course, she knew Aziraphale would never acknowledge these people. It was clear the angel was just as smitten with the original temptress, so it wasn't like she was going to leave her. But even so, Crowley's selfish side felt the need to put a big "don't touch" sign on the principality's back. She was sure she wouldn't be able to get away with it, but she had definitely considered it. Perhaps a literal sign was the wrong way to go about it. She'd have to get creative.

~~~~~

Aziraphale's POV:

She's late. Crowley's never late. I wonder what's keeping her...

The angel had finished getting ready 15 minutes ago, and Crowley usually arrived by the time she was doing her hair. She didn't want to start fretting yet, so she figured the next best thing would be to distract herself. She made it ten pages into a novel before Crowley waltzed into the shop.

"Angel!"

"There you are! Is everything alright?"

"Tickety-boo. Picking up your gift just took a bit longer than expected."

"Gift?"

The demon grinned, pulling a small box from her jacket's inner pocket. Aziraphale accepted it, trying not to tear into it like a child at Christmas.

Upon opening it, she was both elated and confused. In the box was a choker style necklace, black silk with a silver trim and a snake charm at the center.

"What's the occasion?"

Crowley shrugged. "I thought you could use a little black in your wardrobe."

"Is that so?"

"Mhmm. Do you like it, or should I take it back?" Asked Crowley, reaching for it.