9; Is This Bookshop Haunted?

Context: Crossover between the post-canon ineffable husbands & my Buzzfeed Unsolved fanfiction "Among Us". Feel free to check it out if you want more information on Xelven's relation to Shane and Ryan or more of the ghoul boys, since this piece is mostly about the supernatural entities.

The art above inspired this and was made by linipik on Tumblr.

Note: Italics alone are used for inner monologues, bold is for emphasis. Bold and italics are used for Xelven's dialogue because of his origin. I headcanon that not having a body/physical vocal cords makes your voice less "real' sounding. Emphasis for him will he underlined.

Word Count: 6,500

_____

Aziraphale's POV:

The sun had just set over Soho, leading into a fairly brisk night. Inside a familiar bookshop, an angel and a demon were having one of their usual chats. Though, it must be said, with a lot less alcohol than before. Ever since they started spending all their time together, they'd leave the wine for more special occasions. And there was a distinct possibility that there would be another one of those fairly soon.

"Enlighten me, my dear, why the suden interest in taking me to the opera?" Asked the principality as he straightened a small pile of books atop his desk.

Crowley, who was still sat in a nearby chair, gave him a shrug. "Just trying to keep things interesting."

It's been 6,000 years and I'm still interested, well done.

"Darling, you needn't try so hard to keep my attention. You do that with very little effort, after all." Said the angel, giving the demon a soft pat on the head as he walked passed him. To his surprise, Crowley didn't smack away his hand or say something along the lines of 'I'm not a bloody dog, stop petting me'.

The redhead stood and followed the blond. "Of course, angel, I'm irresistible." He said, nonchalantly.

That you are...

"I just, y'know, figured you must be getting tired dinner dates being our only dates."

Aziraphale smiled at his favorite demon and leaned over the counter. "Are you sure you'll be entertained? It won't be very fun if you fall asleep midway through."

"I'll be fine. I can entertain myself just by staring at you, haven't you noticed?" Crowley joined him there, elbows resting on the wooden surface, head tilted to the side with his smirk.

Who hasn't?

Aziraphale let out a chuckle. "I'd be quite blind not to, dear. Your body-language has always been a tell." He said as his eyes quickly scanned the lanky being's figure. You absolutely gorgeous creature...

Crowley pretended to be offended by that line as he scoffed. "Oh, you're one to talk, Mr. 'I-Smile-Every-Time-My-Supposed-Hereditary-Enemy-Gets-Mentioned'. It really is a good thing that our superiors were too dense to catch on to the blatant pining going on between us."

"Indeed. Imagine if we were still like that." He shuddered with a roll of the eyes.

"Nah, don't want to. 'Cause now I can actually do this and not get in trouble for it." He said as he leaned over the counter some more and met the angel's lips.

Aziraphale sighed into the kiss but wasn't able to fully indulge before he heard the front door. They parted with a groan and faced the entrance.

Should've locked that bloody door...