42; A Bundle Of Joy, Scales & Feathers

Context: Pregnancy AU. In which Crowley and Aziraphale decide to have a child, but it doesn't go exactly how they planned. The pregnancy is mainly seen through snippets. We also take a look at them as parents, because I'm soft for them having a kid.

(This counts as a warning, because some may consider the birth scene graphic, even though I tried not making it too explicit. If you think it'll be too much for you, just read the dialogue in the quotation marks, not the narration. If not, you'll be all clear once you see a paragraph start with "The deed was done".)

It was strange, wanting this. Perhaps it was being around humans for six millennia. Maybe it was their need to be closer to each other after all the pining. Either way, they were sure this was happening. They were going to have a baby.

Word Count: 16,000

_____

Supernatural entities, in theory, were not like humans. However, when said beings are issued bodies to mimic those of humans, things become a bit murky. Especially now, considering they wanted to have a family of their own, in the human sense, two years after the world didn't end. Had they not owned their current corporations, it'd be very easy to assume they wouldn't be able to reproduce at all. As it stood now, all Crowley had to do was change his effort and they'd be compatible in the human sense. So, that's what they did.

Afterwards, they were quiet. And not their usual brand of quiet, intimate afterglow. This was different. They were worried and excited all at the same time. They practically felt the anxiety radiating off each other.

Aziraphale reached over and grabbed Crowley's hand. "How do you feel?"

The demon let out a soft chuckle. "Lord, you're an optimist. I doubt it can happen that fast, angel."

"Not what I meant." He said, squeezing her hand.

Crowley squeezed back. "I know, I'm just being an ass... It's strange. I'm a demon, I shouldn't want a child! And yet, here I am, wanting one more than anything."

"Well, you've never been a normal demon. But it's not too surprising. You've always been good with children, no miracles required. Me? Not so much."

"They like you, though. You're a bloody angel and I swear they can sense it. They just know you're the nicest, sweetest being in all existence." She said, inching closer and placing several kisses on Aziraphale's face.

"How do you think they'll be? If this works out, I mean." She asked after another long pause.

Aziraphale pulled Crowley closer and held her. "I imagine they'd be incredibly curious. Clever. Funny. Just like you."

"No, I mean... More angel, demon? Human like?"

The angel pursed his lips. "Hmm. Not sure. This is the first time an angel and a demon have reproduced. If we are to find some logic in genetics, it'll be a hybrid of the two of us. Not wholly angelic or demonic. If we want an example closer to home, Adam Young."

"Human incarnate... I do hope our child is at least half as normal as Adam." Sighed the demon.

"I believe we can raise them decently. Without the influence from our former head offices in our minds. With them speaking in our ears, we didn't do too well for Warlock."

Crowley looked up at the ceiling in thought. "Yeah, poor kid... Promise we'll try and do better with you." She said, not even realizing she'd said it out loud while her fingertips lightly grazed her abdomen.