41; An Unexpected Reunion

Context: For some reason, I'm convinced that my brain wants to see David Tennant and Catherine Tate arguing/bickering on screen some more, because it came up with the following idea: What if the supposed angel with memory loss from S2 was Raphael and she was played by Catherine Tate?

(Mind you, this won't be an actual S2 fic, just a little tidbit on how Heaven is handling the aftermath of the trials in this specific AU.)

Crowley was supposed to meet with Aziraphale in the park for their date today, but the weather ruined their plans. Plan B was to enjoy their picnic in the back room of the shop. Unfortunately, a very unexpected someone would spoil their backup plan as well.

Word Count: 8,000

_____

Aziraphale and Crowley had intended on having their picnic today at St. James Park, but a storm appeared at the very last moment. With that location no longer being an option, they went back to Aziraphale's. They had barely gotten comfortable in the back room of the shop when Aziraphale felt a shift in the air and Crowley smelled the exact same thing: another angel. The blond told Crowley to stay put and went up to one of the bookshop's front windows, in hopes that he'd be able to see them with enough time to prepare a plan of some sort. He wasn't expecting the angel to be wearing ancient white robes, with their wings out, completely drenched by the rain.

It was incredibly strange. No angel had dressed like that in millennia! Not only that, but the angel looked confused as anything standing out there. Almost as if they were scared. If it had been any other of his former coworkers looking for revenge, they would've marched right into the bookshop already.

Suddenly, the principality was overwhelmed with the need to help the poor creature. Without even realizing it, his halo became visible. That might as well be a dropped pin on a map for angels, because the soaked being outside immediately looked in his direction and they locked eyes for the first time. Aziraphale didn't recognize her and automatically assumed she was a lower ranked angel whom he had never met before. Clearly, she didn't know him either, but her desperation was enough for her to run towards the bookshop. Before she reached the front door, Aziraphale placed a ward on the back room to protect Crowley, in case his good nature had unintentionally put the demon in danger.

At the very least, she wasn't breaking down the door. She was knocking like a normal person. Even if she was yelling.

"Hello? Who are you? Are you like me? Please, I need help!"

Aziraphale took a deep breath, steeling himself for whatever may happen next. He opened the door and moved just in time to not get run over by her barreling into the shop.

"Oh, thank you! It's unbearable out there and I have no clue what's going on!" She exclaimed, shaking her wings dry, much to Aziraphale's horror.

"Don't do that, you'll ruin my books!" The blond hurried to say.

"Your... Oh! Sorry about that. Let me just..." She snapped her fingers and everything, including her, was dry. "Get a bit overwhelmed and I forget I can use miracles." She admitted, embarrassed.

Aziraphale inhaled, trying to keep his nerves in check. "May I ask what is making you so overwhelmed?"

The redheaded angel scoffed. "Everything! One minute, I'm painting a nebula and the next, I'm plopped down here! Last I checked, the humans were still in Eden, now they have... all of this!" She said gesturing to everything around her.

Aziraphale found this incredibly odd. "The humans left Eden 6,000 years ago. Even the lowest ranking angel knows that. Why did they never tell you?" He wondered out loud.