Chapter 10: Nightmare Battles

Katsuki Pov:

We finally get home from school and I watch as Deku goes straight to his spot in the living room and falls asleep. It sucks because me and Kiri needed to talk to him about today and how he was feeling. But with it being his first day in school for the first time in years and the overwhelming of the day we let him sleep. However we wanted to keep an eye on him. Something in my instincts told me to keep him close for now like something bad was going to happen. Kiri asked if I wanted to do anything. I just said "maybe later" then he walked to his room. I sat on the couch watching Izuku sleep. It was peaceful. Well that was until all of a sudden a whimpering sound was coming from him. His body began to toss and turn, shaking a little. He was having a nightmare. I didn't want to scare him by shaking him awake. I tried waking him up through our telepathic connection but nothing. His cries turned into screams he was shouting so loud it was like he was trying to wake himself up. I was scared I have never seen one of Izuku's nightmares before. I knew he had them but I have never experienced one with him before it is terrifying. I feel helpless because there is absolutely nothing I can do for him until he wakes up. I can't just walk over and cuddle him if he wakes up with me on him, he will have a heart attack. Kirishima heard the screaming and came running in like the house was on fucking fire. "What's happening? What's wrong with Izu?" he frantically asked. "He is having a really bad nightmare but we can't help him until he wakes up." I stated back to him. with every fiber of my being going haywire it is hard for me to keep my calm and seat here like this. Kiri joined me on the couch as we waited for this terrible show to end. About 10 minutes into the screaming he started to calm but not in a good way. Izuku started to mumble in his sleep. We couldn't hear it though. Finally after about 45 minutes he woke up and looked like he was a deer in headlights. "Izu it's ok we are here. You are safe now." Kiri softly spoke to him as for me I took him into my arms whispering sweet nothing to him feeling his body settle. "Better now?" he nodded, "do you want to talk about it?" He shook his head and whispered in my ear, "t..ell y..ou la..ter" I nodded. It was about dinner time so I told Kiri that instead of cooking just to order a pizza. I wanted to hold Izuku for a while. He nodded then pulled out his phone going into the kitchen to get the pizza number off the fridge. "Now that he isn't in here you wanna tell me what the nightmare was about baby?" I whispered in his ear pulling him ever so closer to me. He used our connection to talk, not wanting to stutter or have Kiri hear us. "I had a dream about my father. It was awful. I hated it so much." I could feel his sorrow. "I know but he is gone now and you have me and Kiri to protect you." "You're wrong, Kacchan. He's still in my dreams, my thoughts when I'm left alone, I see him in the dark. He's not gone, he will never be gone." he started to sob once again I feel like crying is all I see him do and when he isn't crying his face is so numb. There is no emotion unless he is knitting. Then he has a small content smile on his face that brings both me and Kiri to blissfulness thinking we are doing something right for him. "Do you want to knite to get your mind off of it while I hold you?" I asked seeing if there was a way to get rid of those tears. "Yes and um... kacchan will you scent me? It makes me feel good." with that his sobs turned to hiccups and his cheeks turned a tiny shade of fire truck red. "Of course I will scent you. Are you ok doing it out here where Kiri can see us?" I know how private and shy Izuku is about stuff like this. The fact that me and Kiri know about his past and I have actually seen it through our bond really bothers him. " It's ok just please stop if Kiri gets upset ok." I smirked at that. He always cares about how Kiri will react to us not knowing that Kiri already knows about us being mates and everything. "Ok but if you feel like I haven't scented you good enough I will continue scenting until you are happy no matter if Kiri comes in or not." I started to scent Deku as he started to resume to his knitting , finding a safe place to calm his nerves. As I was scenting him I couldn't help but ask what he had been knitting for the last few months, "So what are you knitting?" He brought his head back into my neck and looked at me. "I..t's a bl..an..ket f..o.r y..ou." he stuttered out. Damn I know that the stutter is something he can't help but I wish he could talk to me like he does through our telepathic communications. However I still understood what he meant and the fact that it was for me brought warmth to my chest. We stayed on the loveseat scenting, cuddling, and with him knitting for a while it seemed like Kiri wasn't coming back until he returned with wet hair and said, "sorry bro's I had to shower and the pizza will be here in 5." The fact that me and Deku were like we were didn't faze him. "I want to shower too but um..." Izuku was talking to me telepathically. "If you want to shower Izuku go I can finish scenting you after." I said out loud but then he squealed and his face turned even more red then when I was scenting him. "No I want... I want you to.. Um... will you?" he wasn't making sense at all, "Deku what are you trying to ask baby? you can tell me it's ok" he seemed frustrated. I looked at Kiri and he was just as confused as I was maybe more due to him not being able to hear Deku. "WILL YOU JOIN ME!!??" he shouted in my head. It took me aback my eyes widened and I just looked at him. What the hell? Out of everything to ask I didn't expect him to ask that.