The day she found out

Merediths POV-

I walked into the supply closet and I saw Addison Montgomery sitting on the floor bawling her eyes out clearly on the verge of a panic attack. ADDISON ADDRIENE FORBES MONTGOMERY or the devil as we interns call her having, a panic attack that was a sight I never thought I would ever see especially not from her.

Addisons POV-

I looked up from my state and saw Meredith grey standing in the threshold of the door, I looked away hoping and praying she would leave but instead I felt her soft hand on my shoulder and I fell apart. The warm intern pulled me into an embrace although she was younger than me she had this motherly soft side to her, immediately I started to calm down my breathing slowed down and the interns hands released from a hug to a simple holding of my hands.

Meredith's POV-

I walked over to Addison and I sat on the cold floor and rested my hand on her shoulder telling her I was there and pulled her into a tight embrace and when she calmed I took her hands in mine and squeezed them gently, and offered my support.
"Addison are you okay?"
*sniffles from Addison
"No Meredith I'm not okay"
"Can you just leave me be!" Addison replied I told her "no Addison I'm not leaving you here because I care about you, let me help you anything you need I can get for you" with that Addison relaxed a lot more but unknown to her I saw her sleeve rise up revealing deep fresh cuts etched into her skin, I felt tears in my eyes but I didn't show it, I moved my hand down to where her cuts where and brushed my hand over them to show Addison that I know what she's doing.
END MEREDITHS POV-

As soon as the young intern brushed her hand along Addisons cuts she pulled away and cried out in pain, she got up and tried to leave but Meredith grabbed her and pulled her back to the floor where Addison started hyperventilating and shaking all over, she was truly shaken up and by this point Meredith knew she couldn't let Addison Montgomery out of her sight because the girl loved her too much to let her hurt herself. By this point Addison was fighting Meredith to let her go and she was shouting out but Meredith only tightened her arms round the redhead until she calmed down enough to talk to her.

Addisons POV-
As merediths hand brushed over my cuts I yelped and swiftly got up and attempted to leave at that moment because I knew I would get judged and ridiculed by my intern, but no she never let be go instead she pulled me back to the floor into her arms once more where I struggled and struggled but eventually I gave up because I knew there was no way out of this horrible situation. I cried and told Meredith what was going on and that I was sorry and it wouldn't happen again but she didn't care she told me she was taking me to her house to get some rest, I unwillingly agreed and I trundled off to Merediths home.

Merediths POV-

When I pulled Addison back towards me she started thrashing I had to keep pulling her shaking body into my lap because I knew she needed comfort, she kept trying to escape my grip but she eventually settled and told me what happened.

"Addie you do realise I'm taking you home with me tonight because you need to rest and we can have a fun girly night in"

" NO Meredith no I'm not going anywhere with you im fine I promise you it was a one off thing it won't happen ever again"

"Yes well Addie even so I still think a girls night in and a good old movie with a well earned rest would be good for not only you but me as well" I replied with a comforting voice to reassure her that I believed her and there was nothing to worry about.

*sigh " okay then mer you win I'll come to yours but for ONE NIGHT only I mean it".

END OF CHAPTER